- Hospitals lift visitor age restrictions as number of flu cases decreases
- Winnebago County sheriff names chief deputy
- URGENT: Four votes and we could lose on Keystone
- Guest Column: Housing Authority CEO: Time to unify behind quality living
- Rockford police investigate 17th Street murder
- Clean water under attack in the U.S. Congress
- Man faces charges following attempted armed robbery
- Discovery Center experiences record public attendance
- Pet Talk: Probiotics for your pets
- Illinois home prices climb 3.7 percent in December
12th Annual Rock and Bowl Car Show Oct. 13
Online Staff Report
The 12th Annual Rock and Bowl Car Show on the Miracle Mile will be from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m., Saturday, Oct. 13. More than 100 hot rod and classic cars are expected to attend and compete for trophies.
This is the last car show of the season, and Miracle Mile is proud to sponsor such a family-friendly event in the neighborhood.
The event is free and open to the public. Proceeds of car entries benefit Youth of Northern Illinois Bowling Foundation and Boy Scout Troop 425.
Highlights of the day include more than 100 hot rod and classic cars on display; food and beverage provided by Shooters Bar and Grill; outdoor bowling provided by Don Carter Lanes. Classic car participants will be eligible for door prizes and cash giveaways every half-hour.
Free parking will be available in the parking lot west of Don Carter Lanes, 4007 E. State St.
Posted Oct. 10, 2012