- State Roundup: Governor signs budget fix bills
- Rauner, Democratic leaders shake hands and make law
- State roundup: National guardsman and cousin arrested in terror plot
- Lawmaker says license plate readers a privacy threat
- Bryant not the first to feel impact of free agency rules
- State Roundup: Parents’ group calls for standardized test opt-out bill
- Hononegah Mack: ‘The best woman in the county’
- The tip of the iceberg: Human trafficking in America
- State Roundup: House passes proposal to fill current fiscal year budget gap
- ‘Hogs streak hits 4 as race tightens
Beloit Film Fest offers student film workshops beginning Oct. 12
Online Staff Report
BELOIT, Wis. — The 2013 Beloit International Film Festival (BIFF) is fast approaching, and with it comes the second year of a program specifically for middle school and high school students called the Student Filmmaker Showcase.
The showcase is for sixth- through 12th-grade students and gives them the opportunity to create a short film of their own to be presented at a special showcase during BIFF.
Entries can be of any genre, must be between 3 and 5 minutes long, and will be created by the students themselves.
Any and all students interested in being a part of this program should try to be a part of the film workshops that will be presented over the next four months.
Students will have the opportunity to participate in this series of four workshops presented by BIFF in partnership with Drywater Productions and the Beloit Public Library that will teach students how to create a short film from inception to completion.
Drywater Productions is a film company owned and operated by Stephen and Cameron Pickering, professional filmmakers from Janesville, Wis. Their films have been showcased in the BIFF for the past several years.
The workshops will be from 1 to 4 p.m. at the Beloit Public Library Friday, Oct. 12; Saturday, Nov. 10; Saturday, Dec. 1; and Saturday, Jan. 12, 2013.
Workshops are free and all middle school and high school students are welcome.
For more information about the workshops and Student Filmmaker Showcase, contact Melissa Hawks at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Posted Oct. 10, 2012