- State Roundup: Governor signs budget fix bills
- Rauner, Democratic leaders shake hands and make law
- State roundup: National guardsman and cousin arrested in terror plot
- Lawmaker says license plate readers a privacy threat
- Bryant not the first to feel impact of free agency rules
- State Roundup: Parents’ group calls for standardized test opt-out bill
- Hononegah Mack: ‘The best woman in the county’
- The tip of the iceberg: Human trafficking in America
- State Roundup: House passes proposal to fill current fiscal year budget gap
- ‘Hogs streak hits 4 as race tightens
Boone County Harvest Fest Oct. 13
BELVIDERE, Ill. — The Third Annual Boone County Harvest Fest will be from 10 a.m. to 8 p.m., Saturday, Oct. 13, in Belvidere Park. This is a free event for the whole family. All proceeds benefit the Kishwaukee Riverfront Path Development, a project to expand and improve the multi-use path throughout Belvidere and Boone County.
The all-day fun includes a Scarecrow Contest, Costume Contest, make-and-take build a scarecrow, pumpkin patch, live music on the Baltic Mill Stage, beer and food tent, scary stories, guided tours of the historic Baltic Mill, soccer clinic, hayrides, Cupcake Decorating Contest, Pie Eating Contest and vendor market.
Cash awards will be given for the Scarecrow Contest first, second and third place. Prizes will also be awarded for winners of the Costume Contest.
Visit www.boonecountyharvestfest.com or call (815) 547-4252 for more information.
From the Oct. 10-16, 2012, issue