- TRRT March 4-10 | Online Edition
- Commentary: Walker’s budget calls for schools to stop reporting sexual assaults
- Wallace hopes for redevelopment expansion
- Teravainen makes instant impact on return to ‘Hawks
- Oregon mayor reacts to Exelon talk of closing nuclear plant
- GiGi’s benefit for Down syndrome, March 21
- What’s the future hold for Rose?
- ‘Hogs keep pace in tight Midwest
- Qatar continues to confound
- Meet John Doe: Keep public notices in print
Boone County Harvest Fest Oct. 13
BELVIDERE, Ill. — The Third Annual Boone County Harvest Fest will be from 10 a.m. to 8 p.m., Saturday, Oct. 13, in Belvidere Park. This is a free event for the whole family. All proceeds benefit the Kishwaukee Riverfront Path Development, a project to expand and improve the multi-use path throughout Belvidere and Boone County.
The all-day fun includes a Scarecrow Contest, Costume Contest, make-and-take build a scarecrow, pumpkin patch, live music on the Baltic Mill Stage, beer and food tent, scary stories, guided tours of the historic Baltic Mill, soccer clinic, hayrides, Cupcake Decorating Contest, Pie Eating Contest and vendor market.
Cash awards will be given for the Scarecrow Contest first, second and third place. Prizes will also be awarded for winners of the Costume Contest.
Visit www.boonecountyharvestfest.com or call (815) 547-4252 for more information.
From the Oct. 10-16, 2012, issue