- AG’s, comptroller’s offices to meet in court Tuesday
- Comptroller: state payroll system antiquated
- Remember, fireworks are dangerous
- Wallace asks citizens to fight cuts
- Dispute over state payroll rolls on
- Why fight over free trade confounds partisan divide
- Still no state budget
- Crime control is not the responsibility of landlords
- Fly over to the Poplar Grove Wings and Wheels Museum benefit
- Local leaders warn of budget deadlock’s impact
Boone County Harvest Fest Oct. 13
BELVIDERE, Ill. — The Third Annual Boone County Harvest Fest will be from 10 a.m. to 8 p.m., Saturday, Oct. 13, in Belvidere Park. This is a free event for the whole family. All proceeds benefit the Kishwaukee Riverfront Path Development, a project to expand and improve the multi-use path throughout Belvidere and Boone County.
The all-day fun includes a Scarecrow Contest, Costume Contest, make-and-take build a scarecrow, pumpkin patch, live music on the Baltic Mill Stage, beer and food tent, scary stories, guided tours of the historic Baltic Mill, soccer clinic, hayrides, Cupcake Decorating Contest, Pie Eating Contest and vendor market.
Cash awards will be given for the Scarecrow Contest first, second and third place. Prizes will also be awarded for winners of the Costume Contest.
Visit www.boonecountyharvestfest.com or call (815) 547-4252 for more information.
From the Oct. 10-16, 2012, issue