- Dimke: ‘I’m not going to retire’
- IMRF responds: Pay spiking against the rules
- Bill limits automated license plate readers
- Private uni’s subject to FOIA says House
- Guest Commentary: Earth Day or April Fools Day?
- State Roundup: Concerns raised about proposed change in DUI pot standard
- Bill would decrease pot penalties; small amounts would draw only ticket, fine
- Senate votes to restore human service cuts; bill moves to House for consideration
- Bill to restrict red light cameras passes House
- State Roundup: Budget fix in current FY not yet done
Boone County Harvest Fest Oct. 13
BELVIDERE, Ill. — The Third Annual Boone County Harvest Fest will be from 10 a.m. to 8 p.m., Saturday, Oct. 13, in Belvidere Park. This is a free event for the whole family. All proceeds benefit the Kishwaukee Riverfront Path Development, a project to expand and improve the multi-use path throughout Belvidere and Boone County.
The all-day fun includes a Scarecrow Contest, Costume Contest, make-and-take build a scarecrow, pumpkin patch, live music on the Baltic Mill Stage, beer and food tent, scary stories, guided tours of the historic Baltic Mill, soccer clinic, hayrides, Cupcake Decorating Contest, Pie Eating Contest and vendor market.
Cash awards will be given for the Scarecrow Contest first, second and third place. Prizes will also be awarded for winners of the Costume Contest.
Visit www.boonecountyharvestfest.com or call (815) 547-4252 for more information.
From the Oct. 10-16, 2012, issue