- Facebook’s Instant Articles not a threat to media
- U of I expert: Rauner’s pension fix ‘unconstitutional’
- State Senate approves lesser penalties for marijuana possession
- State Roundup: Natural gas vehicle tax stalls in committee
- Raptors, Rangers FC announce June camp
- Student debt 101: dearth of data fuels common misperceptions
- ‘Millionaire tax’ clears House panel
- Memorial Day events at Midway’s LZ Peace Memorial
- Wallace calls for Rockford crime task force
- How we discovered the 3 revolutions of American pop
Boone County Harvest Fest Oct. 13
BELVIDERE, Ill. — The Third Annual Boone County Harvest Fest will be from 10 a.m. to 8 p.m., Saturday, Oct. 13, in Belvidere Park. This is a free event for the whole family. All proceeds benefit the Kishwaukee Riverfront Path Development, a project to expand and improve the multi-use path throughout Belvidere and Boone County.
The all-day fun includes a Scarecrow Contest, Costume Contest, make-and-take build a scarecrow, pumpkin patch, live music on the Baltic Mill Stage, beer and food tent, scary stories, guided tours of the historic Baltic Mill, soccer clinic, hayrides, Cupcake Decorating Contest, Pie Eating Contest and vendor market.
Cash awards will be given for the Scarecrow Contest first, second and third place. Prizes will also be awarded for winners of the Costume Contest.
Visit www.boonecountyharvestfest.com or call (815) 547-4252 for more information.
From the Oct. 10-16, 2012, issue