- Academic Dr. Duke Pesta speaks against Common Core, part 2
- Rockford Record Crawl 2014 celebrates music, indie retailers
- Early voting continues after ballot error corrected
- Caruana outpacing Springer in money race for sheriff
- Week 8 NFL picks: Lions, Packers will continue to share NFC North lead
- Impacts of low oil prices
- Monica Lewinsky takes aim at online bullying
- Beware of online Halloween scams
- Rockton Lions raise funds for Talcott Free Library during Oct. 10 Candy Day
- Former Belvidere North teacher pleads guilty to sex charge
Free nature programs continue at Atwood Park
Online Staff Report
Rockford Park District’s Atwood Center invites all ages to experience “In the Outdoors,” a series of free activities held one Saturday a month through December at the 334-acre Seth B. Atwood Park, 2685 New Milford School Road, Rockford.
Visitors will enjoy experiencing and learning about nature and aspects of the park through the variety of two-hour morning and evening outdoor and indoor programs.
Upcoming sessions include Atwood at Night from 7 to 9 p.m., Oct. 13, for a night hike and s’mores around the campfire; and Reach for the Stars, from 7 to 9 p.m., Nov. 10, for stargazing and hearing facts, myths and legends about the heavens.
Session schedules and topics are listed in the Rockford Park District Fall/Winter 2012/2013 Program Guide available at www.rockfordparkdistrict.org/programbrochures and at Park District offices and facilities. These are drop-in programs, with no registration required (groups of five or more are asked to phone ahead to notify staff).
More about Atwood programs, facility rentals, and group activities and retreats is available at www.rockfordparkdistrict.org/atwood. For information about accessibility and support for people with disabilities, call (815) 987-8800.
Posted Oct. 10, 2012