- Three female fugitives wanted in New Jersey restaurant theft arrested in Illinois
- Man guilty in 2012 crash into home that injured 8-year-old
- McDonald’s: Federal complaint says company is joint employer
- T-Mobile settlement: $90M for cell phone bill cramming
- Shelter Care Ministries gets $30,000 grant
- Even more dead bees?
- Holiday travel: 98.6 million plan getaway, most on record
- Scam artists posing as utility reps, demanding payment
- Holiday mailing deadlines approach, Rockford Post Office warns
- Hispanics more than half of all renters, yet most are uninsured
Free nature programs continue at Atwood Park
Online Staff Report
Rockford Park District’s Atwood Center invites all ages to experience “In the Outdoors,” a series of free activities held one Saturday a month through December at the 334-acre Seth B. Atwood Park, 2685 New Milford School Road, Rockford.
Visitors will enjoy experiencing and learning about nature and aspects of the park through the variety of two-hour morning and evening outdoor and indoor programs.
Upcoming sessions include Atwood at Night from 7 to 9 p.m., Oct. 13, for a night hike and s’mores around the campfire; and Reach for the Stars, from 7 to 9 p.m., Nov. 10, for stargazing and hearing facts, myths and legends about the heavens.
Session schedules and topics are listed in the Rockford Park District Fall/Winter 2012/2013 Program Guide available at www.rockfordparkdistrict.org/programbrochures and at Park District offices and facilities. These are drop-in programs, with no registration required (groups of five or more are asked to phone ahead to notify staff).
More about Atwood programs, facility rentals, and group activities and retreats is available at www.rockfordparkdistrict.org/atwood. For information about accessibility and support for people with disabilities, call (815) 987-8800.
Posted Oct. 10, 2012