- Facebook’s Instant Articles not a threat to media
- U of I expert: Rauner’s pension fix ‘unconstitutional’
- State Senate approves lesser penalties for marijuana possession
- State Roundup: Natural gas vehicle tax stalls in committee
- Raptors, Rangers FC announce June camp
- Student debt 101: dearth of data fuels common misperceptions
- ‘Millionaire tax’ clears House panel
- Memorial Day events at Midway’s LZ Peace Memorial
- Wallace calls for Rockford crime task force
- How we discovered the 3 revolutions of American pop
Free nature programs continue at Atwood Park
Online Staff Report
Rockford Park District’s Atwood Center invites all ages to experience “In the Outdoors,” a series of free activities held one Saturday a month through December at the 334-acre Seth B. Atwood Park, 2685 New Milford School Road, Rockford.
Visitors will enjoy experiencing and learning about nature and aspects of the park through the variety of two-hour morning and evening outdoor and indoor programs.
Upcoming sessions include Atwood at Night from 7 to 9 p.m., Oct. 13, for a night hike and s’mores around the campfire; and Reach for the Stars, from 7 to 9 p.m., Nov. 10, for stargazing and hearing facts, myths and legends about the heavens.
Session schedules and topics are listed in the Rockford Park District Fall/Winter 2012/2013 Program Guide available at www.rockfordparkdistrict.org/programbrochures and at Park District offices and facilities. These are drop-in programs, with no registration required (groups of five or more are asked to phone ahead to notify staff).
More about Atwood programs, facility rentals, and group activities and retreats is available at www.rockfordparkdistrict.org/atwood. For information about accessibility and support for people with disabilities, call (815) 987-8800.
Posted Oct. 10, 2012