- Man guilty of drug charges faces 60 years in prison
- Rockford BBB aware of ‘Microsoft’ phone scam
- Judge: Chad Grimm will remain on Illinois governor ballot
- Forest-preserve sex sting nets 10
- Armed robbery reported at Machesney Park CVS
- Lee Hamilton: President, Congress should work together on military intervention
- Ethnic Parade and Festival Sunday, Sept. 21
- Symphony begins 80th season Sept. 20
- Vikings bar Adrian Peterson from team activities
- Mr. Green Car: A car from your printer
Ghosts and goblins invade for a Spooky Suzuki open house at Music Academy Oct. 13
Ghosts and goblins will be playing a new tune Saturday, Oct. 13, when The Music Academy (TMA) in Rockford hosts Spooky Suzuki, a community-wide open house. The event will be from 3 to 6 p.m. at Loreen Hall, 226 S. Second St., next to First Lutheran Church, Rockford.
Music Academy students will perform individually and in groups, and the world premiere of TMA’s very own version of Twinkle, “Rock River Twinkle,” will be a highlight of the event. It was arranged by TMA faculty member Mary Ann Anderson.
Spooky Suzuki also will include kids’ arts and crafts activities, an instrument petting zoo, and balloon making by Billy the Balloon Guy. A special showing of Rossini’s Ghost, an enchanting film for families, will be in the academy’s third-floor auditorium.
A silent auction will feature items to enhance daily living, including artwork by Paul Burkholder, Robert Sunday and Nancie King Mertz; an antique violin; autographed books by Corky Siegel and Julia Child; an assortment of running gear for women; a weekend in a Chicago condo; and tickets to local venues. Seasonal refreshments will be served.
Information about Spooky Suzuki is available by calling (815) 986-0076 or at www.MusicAcademyinRockford.com.
TMA is a not-for-profit community school of music dedicated to providing high-quality, affordable instruction and performing opportunities to students regardless of age and ability. It is the mission of The Music Academy to inspire in students a life-long love of music and the arts. For more information, call (815) 986-0037 or go to www.MusicAcademyInRockford.com.
From the Oct. 10-16, 2012, issue