- Telephone fraud on the rise, BBB reports
- Pet Talk: The seeing eye guide dog birthday
- State Police seize 155 pounds of cannabis during traffic stop
- Mitt Romney won’t run in 2016
- Man shot three times near Oakley Avenue, West Jefferson Street
- Goodwill’s free income tax sites open Jan. 30
- Rock Valley College hosts FAFSA Completion Night Feb. 4
- Stateline Fruit and Vegetable Growers Conference Feb. 5
- Cardiology Millennium Conference Feb. 2
- Scammers lurking to trap last-minute Super Bowl ticket buyers
Groove Walk offers live music at 12 downtown establishments Oct. 13
Groove Walk will offer live music at 12 downtown Rockford establishments beginning at 9 p.m., Saturday, Oct. 13.
Admission to all venues is $7 in advance or $10 at the door the night of the event.
Advanced tickets can be purchased at Adriatic Café and Live Music Bar, CJ’s Lounge, Deli Italia Lounge, Guzzardo Performance Music, Kryptonite, On the Waterfront, Inc., and Rue Marche.
Following is the entertainment lineup for the event:
Mana Kintorso — Abreo, 515 E. State St.;
Steve Ditzell and Blue Lightning — Adriatic Café and Live Music Bar, 327 W. Jefferson St.;
Lizzi Neal Band — Bar 3, 326 E. State St.;
Fresh Hot Fritters — CJ’s Lounge, 300 E. State St.;
Brother K — Deli Italia, 507 E. State St.;
Basement Blues Band — Irish Rose Saloon, 519 E. State St.;
Andy Spitson — Kiwi Café, 211 Elm St.;
Kelly Steward — Kryptonite, 308 W. State St.;
Blues Hawks — Octane Interlounge, 124 N. Main St.;
Two of Us — Rue Marche, 620 Market St.;
Heavyflow — The District, 205 W. State St.; and
The Crave — The Office, 513 E. State St.
One Groove Walk ticket gains admission to all of the exclusive establishments. Walk from establishment to establishment, or hop the Rockford Mass Transit District (RMTD) trolley for a free ride as it runs along the Groove Walk route throughout the event.
The event is organized by On the Waterfront, Inc. A portion of the proceeds from the event will benefit the Rockford Area Music Industry’s Gary S. Wilmer Memorial Scholarship Fund for high school seniors.
For more about Groove Walk, visit onthewaterfront.com/groovewalk.htm, or contact the On the Waterfront office inside Stewart Square, 308 W. State St., Suite 115, at (815) 964-4388.
From the Oct. 10-16, 2012, issue