- Nov. 4 General Election endorsements: Retain County Clerk Margie Mullins
- Nov. 4 General Election endorsements: Re-elect Jesse White
- Nov. 4 General Election endorsements: Elect Sheila Simon as state comptroller
- Brad Roos to step down as Zion Development executive director
- Smash your pumpkin at Rockford’s Discovery Center Nov. 2
- Control the candy without limiting the Halloween fun
- RHS Ambassadors host Halloween party for hospitalized children
- Beware of the energy-sucking vampires in your home, ComEd warns
- Rockford Park District golf season begins to wrap up
- Two locals to be honored among state’s top college students
Hockey: Hit the road with the IceHogs for Oct. 14 game at Chicago Wolves
By Doug Halberstadt
Rockford IceHogs fans can hit the highway this Sunday, Oct. 14. That’s actually an invitation to join the team on the road, not a rude dismissal.
The ’Hogs are inviting all their fans to hop aboard a bus and instantly become “Road Hogs.” The Road Hogs will be heading into the Allstate Arena to catch the IceHogs face off with their in-state rivals, the Chicago Wolves.
For $30, fans will receive round-trip transportation, a ticket to the game and a special-edition “Road Hogs” T-shirt. The bus will depart from District Bar and Grill (205 W. State St.) in downtown Rockford at 12:30 p.m., Sunday, and return to the District immediately following the game. Fans can start checking in at the District at 11:30 a.m.
There are a limited number of seats available on the fan bus. Reservations must be made by 5 p.m., Thursday, Oct. 11. Curtis Tousant in the IceHogs’ office is taking reservations via phone at (815) 847-6387 or via e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Fans making the trip will be allowed to pack a small cooler of food and beverages to take on the bus. The cooler must fit under the bus’ seats.
The IceHogs open their 2012-13 regular season Saturday night, Oct. 13, against the Wolves at the Allstate Arena. Their first home game is Saturday night, Oct. 20, against the Charlotte Checkers. Game time at the BMO Harris Bank Center is 7:05 p.m.
The first 5,000 fans on opening night will receive an “It All Starts Here” calendar.
Doug Halberstadt can be reached via e-mail at Dougster61@aol.com.
From the Oct. 10-16, 2012, issue