- Facebook’s Instant Articles not a threat to media
- U of I expert: Rauner’s pension fix ‘unconstitutional’
- State Senate approves lesser penalties for marijuana possession
- State Roundup: Natural gas vehicle tax stalls in committee
- Raptors, Rangers FC announce June camp
- Student debt 101: dearth of data fuels common misperceptions
- ‘Millionaire tax’ clears House panel
- Memorial Day events at Midway’s LZ Peace Memorial
- Wallace calls for Rockford crime task force
- How we discovered the 3 revolutions of American pop
Hockey: Hit the road with the IceHogs for Oct. 14 game at Chicago Wolves
By Doug Halberstadt
Rockford IceHogs fans can hit the highway this Sunday, Oct. 14. That’s actually an invitation to join the team on the road, not a rude dismissal.
The ’Hogs are inviting all their fans to hop aboard a bus and instantly become “Road Hogs.” The Road Hogs will be heading into the Allstate Arena to catch the IceHogs face off with their in-state rivals, the Chicago Wolves.
For $30, fans will receive round-trip transportation, a ticket to the game and a special-edition “Road Hogs” T-shirt. The bus will depart from District Bar and Grill (205 W. State St.) in downtown Rockford at 12:30 p.m., Sunday, and return to the District immediately following the game. Fans can start checking in at the District at 11:30 a.m.
There are a limited number of seats available on the fan bus. Reservations must be made by 5 p.m., Thursday, Oct. 11. Curtis Tousant in the IceHogs’ office is taking reservations via phone at (815) 847-6387 or via e-mail at email@example.com.
Fans making the trip will be allowed to pack a small cooler of food and beverages to take on the bus. The cooler must fit under the bus’ seats.
The IceHogs open their 2012-13 regular season Saturday night, Oct. 13, against the Wolves at the Allstate Arena. Their first home game is Saturday night, Oct. 20, against the Charlotte Checkers. Game time at the BMO Harris Bank Center is 7:05 p.m.
The first 5,000 fans on opening night will receive an “It All Starts Here” calendar.
Doug Halberstadt can be reached via e-mail at Dougster61@aol.com.
From the Oct. 10-16, 2012, issue