- Freeport murder suspect Damon Dixson taken into custody in Rockford
- Local gas station employee arrested for selling liquor to minor
- Renewable Fuel Standard delay ‘a mixed blessing,’ Bustos says
- Rockford delegation presents inaugural ‘Rockford Award’ to Norwegian Air
- Education in Illinois making slow progress, according to report
- Illinois GOP Congressional delegation: Obama’s immigration plan undermines rule of law
- Suspect, 17, charged in Halloween hit-and-run in Roscoe
- Saint Anthony College of Nursing president to retire
- Man found guilty in deadly August 2013 crash at Mulford and Garrett Lane
- ‘The Price is Right Live!’ at Coronado March 1; tickets on sale Nov. 21
Hockey: Hit the road with the IceHogs for Oct. 14 game at Chicago Wolves
By Doug Halberstadt
Rockford IceHogs fans can hit the highway this Sunday, Oct. 14. That’s actually an invitation to join the team on the road, not a rude dismissal.
The ’Hogs are inviting all their fans to hop aboard a bus and instantly become “Road Hogs.” The Road Hogs will be heading into the Allstate Arena to catch the IceHogs face off with their in-state rivals, the Chicago Wolves.
For $30, fans will receive round-trip transportation, a ticket to the game and a special-edition “Road Hogs” T-shirt. The bus will depart from District Bar and Grill (205 W. State St.) in downtown Rockford at 12:30 p.m., Sunday, and return to the District immediately following the game. Fans can start checking in at the District at 11:30 a.m.
There are a limited number of seats available on the fan bus. Reservations must be made by 5 p.m., Thursday, Oct. 11. Curtis Tousant in the IceHogs’ office is taking reservations via phone at (815) 847-6387 or via e-mail at email@example.com.
Fans making the trip will be allowed to pack a small cooler of food and beverages to take on the bus. The cooler must fit under the bus’ seats.
The IceHogs open their 2012-13 regular season Saturday night, Oct. 13, against the Wolves at the Allstate Arena. Their first home game is Saturday night, Oct. 20, against the Charlotte Checkers. Game time at the BMO Harris Bank Center is 7:05 p.m.
The first 5,000 fans on opening night will receive an “It All Starts Here” calendar.
Doug Halberstadt can be reached via e-mail at Dougster61@aol.com.
From the Oct. 10-16, 2012, issue