- Vikings bar Adrian Peterson from team activities
- Mr. Green Car: A car from your printer
- Candle Crest owners to open their first store and manufacturing operation in Rockford
- DuPont ordered to pay $1.85M for killing trees
- Rockford hosts America’s largest World War II-era re-enactment Sept. 20-21
- Guest Column: Former alderman: Rail station should be on Cedar Street
- A visit to The Wall That Heals
- The Odds Man: ‘D’ is key in Week 3
- Craft Beer Scene Around Rockford: Capital Brewery’s Oktoberfest a delicious, malty lager
- Week 3 NFL picks: Wins for Bears and Packers, losses for Lions and Vikings
Lifescape thanks all those who helped at Senior EXPO
Lifescape Community Services’ Senior EXPO has recently concluded, and by all accounts, it was a great success! The EXPO serves as not only our major fund-raiser, but also as a business exposition and a resource fair for older adults, providing the latest information, activities, programs and products. This year, our free event was visited by approximately 5,000 people to the Indoor Sports Center.
The success of the event hinged on the participation of local and regional businesses and nonprofits. We thank them for what they offered to the attendees. Our sponsors — OSF St. Anthony Medical Center, Williams Manny Horizon Group, NorthPointe Terrace, Marden Tire & Auto, Blue Cross/Blue Shield and Visiting Nurses Association — put forth that extra effort to ensure the EXPO’ s success.
Thank you to the many volunteers who took time from their busy days to help, including UAW Local 1268 who, as part of the United Way’s Day of Caring, volunteered after putting in a shift at Chrysler in Belvidere.
And thanks to the staff of the Indoor Sports Center for their help and guidance.
To those who attended, we hope it was informative and entertaining.
We’ll see you in 2013!
Lifescape Community Services, Inc.
From the Oct. 10-16, 2012, issue