- Freeport murder suspect Damon Dixson taken into custody in Rockford
- Local gas station employee arrested for selling liquor to minor
- Renewable Fuel Standard delay ‘a mixed blessing,’ Bustos says
- Rockford delegation presents inaugural ‘Rockford Award’ to Norwegian Air
- Education in Illinois making slow progress, according to report
- Illinois GOP Congressional delegation: Obama’s immigration plan undermines rule of law
- Suspect, 17, charged in Halloween hit-and-run in Roscoe
- Saint Anthony College of Nursing president to retire
- Man found guilty in deadly August 2013 crash at Mulford and Garrett Lane
- ‘The Price is Right Live!’ at Coronado March 1; tickets on sale Nov. 21
Lifescape thanks all those who helped at Senior EXPO
Lifescape Community Services’ Senior EXPO has recently concluded, and by all accounts, it was a great success! The EXPO serves as not only our major fund-raiser, but also as a business exposition and a resource fair for older adults, providing the latest information, activities, programs and products. This year, our free event was visited by approximately 5,000 people to the Indoor Sports Center.
The success of the event hinged on the participation of local and regional businesses and nonprofits. We thank them for what they offered to the attendees. Our sponsors — OSF St. Anthony Medical Center, Williams Manny Horizon Group, NorthPointe Terrace, Marden Tire & Auto, Blue Cross/Blue Shield and Visiting Nurses Association — put forth that extra effort to ensure the EXPO’ s success.
Thank you to the many volunteers who took time from their busy days to help, including UAW Local 1268 who, as part of the United Way’s Day of Caring, volunteered after putting in a shift at Chrysler in Belvidere.
And thanks to the staff of the Indoor Sports Center for their help and guidance.
To those who attended, we hope it was informative and entertaining.
We’ll see you in 2013!
Lifescape Community Services, Inc.
From the Oct. 10-16, 2012, issue