- Police investigate home invasion on Applewood Lane
- Amy Newell named The Arc executive director
- Rockford Rocked Interviews: A chat with Rockford native Larry Merryman of Stonefront
- Technological assessment is needed
- Consumer advocates prep for looming telecom battle
- RSO’s Holiday Pops set for Dec. 20-21 at Coronado
- National Council of Churches president to speak in Rockford Sunday, Dec. 28
- Editorial: Got the giving spirit? Here are some places to spread it
- Week 16 NFL picks: Colts will top Cowboys, Manziel will get first win
- NIU Huskies face Marshall Thundering Herd in Boca Raton Bowl
Lifescape thanks all those who helped at Senior EXPO
Lifescape Community Services’ Senior EXPO has recently concluded, and by all accounts, it was a great success! The EXPO serves as not only our major fund-raiser, but also as a business exposition and a resource fair for older adults, providing the latest information, activities, programs and products. This year, our free event was visited by approximately 5,000 people to the Indoor Sports Center.
The success of the event hinged on the participation of local and regional businesses and nonprofits. We thank them for what they offered to the attendees. Our sponsors — OSF St. Anthony Medical Center, Williams Manny Horizon Group, NorthPointe Terrace, Marden Tire & Auto, Blue Cross/Blue Shield and Visiting Nurses Association — put forth that extra effort to ensure the EXPO’ s success.
Thank you to the many volunteers who took time from their busy days to help, including UAW Local 1268 who, as part of the United Way’s Day of Caring, volunteered after putting in a shift at Chrysler in Belvidere.
And thanks to the staff of the Indoor Sports Center for their help and guidance.
To those who attended, we hope it was informative and entertaining.
We’ll see you in 2013!
Lifescape Community Services, Inc.
From the Oct. 10-16, 2012, issue