- ‘Death tax’ rhetoric doesn’t address the facts
- ‘We’re back': second ‘Star Wars’ teaser drops
- Sunday Service: Legalizing competition in Illinois’ auto industry
- Cullerton: Don’t bet on right-to-work zones
- State Roundup: Rauner continues “Turnaround” pitch
- Open Government: Improved FOIA laws crucial
- Legislators ask Rauner to pony up pension details
- Rockford Art Deli providing homegrown artists a place to flourish
- Talcott acquisition continues west side trend
- Record Store Day brings vinyl back into the limelight
Lifescape thanks all those who helped at Senior EXPO
Lifescape Community Services’ Senior EXPO has recently concluded, and by all accounts, it was a great success! The EXPO serves as not only our major fund-raiser, but also as a business exposition and a resource fair for older adults, providing the latest information, activities, programs and products. This year, our free event was visited by approximately 5,000 people to the Indoor Sports Center.
The success of the event hinged on the participation of local and regional businesses and nonprofits. We thank them for what they offered to the attendees. Our sponsors — OSF St. Anthony Medical Center, Williams Manny Horizon Group, NorthPointe Terrace, Marden Tire & Auto, Blue Cross/Blue Shield and Visiting Nurses Association — put forth that extra effort to ensure the EXPO’ s success.
Thank you to the many volunteers who took time from their busy days to help, including UAW Local 1268 who, as part of the United Way’s Day of Caring, volunteered after putting in a shift at Chrysler in Belvidere.
And thanks to the staff of the Indoor Sports Center for their help and guidance.
To those who attended, we hope it was informative and entertaining.
We’ll see you in 2013!
Lifescape Community Services, Inc.
From the Oct. 10-16, 2012, issue