- State Roundup: Governor signs budget fix bills
- Rauner, Democratic leaders shake hands and make law
- State roundup: National guardsman and cousin arrested in terror plot
- Lawmaker says license plate readers a privacy threat
- Bryant not the first to feel impact of free agency rules
- State Roundup: Parents’ group calls for standardized test opt-out bill
- Hononegah Mack: ‘The best woman in the county’
- The tip of the iceberg: Human trafficking in America
- State Roundup: House passes proposal to fill current fiscal year budget gap
- ‘Hogs streak hits 4 as race tightens
Park District offers Learn to Skate/Learn to Play Hockey lessons
Rockford Park District wants to help you learn to ice skate, improve your skating skills, or learn to play hockey.
The Learn to Skate and Jr. IceHogs/Learn to Play Hockey programs offer people ages 3 through adult of all abilities the opportunity to learn the skills to enjoy ice sports recreation for a lifetime.
Six-week group sessions are offered for beginner, intermediate, and advanced skill levels, and meet at Carlson Ice Arena in Loves Park once a week for 30 to 50 minutes (depending on lesson type) with skates provided; the next sessions begin Oct. 16 and 20 for skating, and Oct. 18, 19 and 20 for hockey.
For skaters interested in additional advanced training, private lessons are also available from the professional figure skating and hockey coaching staff of the Park District’s ice facilities.
Registration is under way for skating and hockey programs, and will continue until capacity is reached. Fee assistance for group lessons may be available to those meeting program qualifications.
Registrations are taken online at www.rockfordparkdistrict.org (click Register Now), by mail, fax or at Customer Service locations in downtown Rockford, or at Carlson Ice Arena, Riverside and Perryville, Loves Park.
Registration information and class descriptions, schedules and fees are available online at www.rockfordparkdistrict.org (click Register Now), in the Park District’s Fall/Winter 2012/2013 Program Guide (www.rockfordparkdistrict.org/programbrochures), at Park District Customer Service and facilities, or by calling (815) 969-4069 or (815) 987-8800.
For information about support and adapted sports programs for skaters and hockey players with disabilities, call (815) 987-8800.
From the Oct. 10-16, 2012, issue