- Tales from the Trough: IceHogs rebound with four straight wins
- Clean water groups, small business owners, community leaders celebrate Clean Water Act
- Police investigate death of 71-year-old man who was struck in October while riding in his wheelchair
- Woman gets 10 years for 2013 involuntary manslaughter
- Secretary of State Police to target abuse of disability parking on Black Friday
- Illinois Commerce Commission approves 500-mile direct-current electric wind power line
- Meet John Doe: Rockford could benefit from the new Digital Manufacturing and Design Innovation Institute in Chicago
- Tech-Friendly: Surface Pro 3 ad comparing it to MacBook Air is a joke
- Chicago restaurateur Billy Lawless to introduce Obama during immigration speech in Chicago
- Travel Wisconsin Snow Conditions Report assists snow seekers
Park District offers Learn to Skate/Learn to Play Hockey lessons
Rockford Park District wants to help you learn to ice skate, improve your skating skills, or learn to play hockey.
The Learn to Skate and Jr. IceHogs/Learn to Play Hockey programs offer people ages 3 through adult of all abilities the opportunity to learn the skills to enjoy ice sports recreation for a lifetime.
Six-week group sessions are offered for beginner, intermediate, and advanced skill levels, and meet at Carlson Ice Arena in Loves Park once a week for 30 to 50 minutes (depending on lesson type) with skates provided; the next sessions begin Oct. 16 and 20 for skating, and Oct. 18, 19 and 20 for hockey.
For skaters interested in additional advanced training, private lessons are also available from the professional figure skating and hockey coaching staff of the Park District’s ice facilities.
Registration is under way for skating and hockey programs, and will continue until capacity is reached. Fee assistance for group lessons may be available to those meeting program qualifications.
Registrations are taken online at www.rockfordparkdistrict.org (click Register Now), by mail, fax or at Customer Service locations in downtown Rockford, or at Carlson Ice Arena, Riverside and Perryville, Loves Park.
Registration information and class descriptions, schedules and fees are available online at www.rockfordparkdistrict.org (click Register Now), in the Park District’s Fall/Winter 2012/2013 Program Guide (www.rockfordparkdistrict.org/programbrochures), at Park District Customer Service and facilities, or by calling (815) 969-4069 or (815) 987-8800.
For information about support and adapted sports programs for skaters and hockey players with disabilities, call (815) 987-8800.
From the Oct. 10-16, 2012, issue