- Man arrested on child pornography charges
- Woman hit with liquor bottle during home invasion
- Police arrest robbery suspect
- Rockford area trick-or-treat times
- The Odds Man: Three road dogs good bets in NFL Week 8
- IceHogs nipped in third period, return home Saturday
- BGA sues Chicago Police Department over transparency
- Clean water groups highlight progress for Apple River, call for more success stories
- Lincoln associates found in recently discovered 1840 Menard County census
- BIFF Year ’Round presents the documentary ‘Slingshot’ Oct. 29
Pec Playhouse Theatre presents Murder Mystery Dinner Oct. 13
Pec Playhouse Theatre will present its Seventh Annual Murder Mystery Dinner from 6 to 10 p.m., Saturday, Oct. 13, at Sam’s Ristorante, 1033 Harlem Road, Machesney Park, Ill.
Theme for the evening is “The Super Hero Summit.” A super hero murder occurs, and each table will have its own dedicated super hero working as a team to solve the crime. There will be 12 super heroes and 12 tables of 10 people.
Dinner, included in the price, is either chicken or prime rib and includes a salad, soft drink and a side dish. Also, check out the silent auction with various gift certificates and baskets. Listen to a live DJ, “Sounds of Julie,” then enjoy dancing and drinks from about 7:30 to 10 p.m. There will be a cash bar, but food and soft drink are included in the $45-per-person price. Tables of 10 are also available for $400.
Dress as your favorite super hero or villain, or make up your own costume. Send check to Pec Playhouse Theatre, P.O. Box 238, Pecatonica, IL 61063, or call Arianne at (815) 915-3100.
From the Oct. 10-16, 2012, issue