- TRRT March 4-10 | Online Edition
- Commentary: Walker’s budget calls for schools to stop reporting sexual assaults
- Wallace hopes for redevelopment expansion
- Teravainen makes instant impact on return to ‘Hawks
- Oregon mayor reacts to Exelon talk of closing nuclear plant
- GiGi’s benefit for Down syndrome, March 21
- What’s the future hold for Rose?
- ‘Hogs keep pace in tight Midwest
- Qatar continues to confound
- Meet John Doe: Keep public notices in print
Pumpkin selection, recipe tips offered at Oct. 23 event
Online Staff Report
OREON, Ill. — A new program, “Pumpkins: More Than Just Jack-O-Lanterns,” will be presented from 2 to 3 p.m., Tuesday, Oct. 23, at the University of Illinois Extension office, 421 W. Pines Road, Oregon, Ill.
Have you ever wanted to make a pumpkin pie or roast pumpkin seeds, but didn’t know where to start? Whether choosing a pumpkin to carve for Halloween or to use in cooking, this fun, family program will answer your questions. The class will discuss pumpkin harvesting, selection, use, nutritional benefits and preparation. All attendees will receive pumpkin recipes to take home.
University of Illinois Extension Nutrition & Wellness Educator Marilyn Csernus and Horticulture Educator Candice Miller will share their knowledge and creative ideas during the program. The cost for the program is $5 per person. Pre-registration is requested.
To register or for more information, visit web.extension.illinois.edu/bdo/ or call (815) 732-2191.
Posted Oct. 10, 2012