- Guest Commentary: Earth Day or April Fools Day?
- State Roundup: Concerns raised about proposed change in DUI pot standard
- Bill would decrease pot penalties; small amounts would draw only ticket, fine
- Senate votes to restore human service cuts; bill moves to House for consideration
- Bill to restrict red light cameras passes House
- State Roundup: Budget fix in current FY not yet done
- State Roundup: GOMB Director won’t support borrowing
- Economists: pros, cons to raising the state fuel tax
- ‘Hogs fall just shy of Midwest title
- Fork and Stein Urban Gourmet delivers beer infused delicacies to Rockford
Pumpkin selection, recipe tips offered at Oct. 23 event
Online Staff Report
OREON, Ill. — A new program, “Pumpkins: More Than Just Jack-O-Lanterns,” will be presented from 2 to 3 p.m., Tuesday, Oct. 23, at the University of Illinois Extension office, 421 W. Pines Road, Oregon, Ill.
Have you ever wanted to make a pumpkin pie or roast pumpkin seeds, but didn’t know where to start? Whether choosing a pumpkin to carve for Halloween or to use in cooking, this fun, family program will answer your questions. The class will discuss pumpkin harvesting, selection, use, nutritional benefits and preparation. All attendees will receive pumpkin recipes to take home.
University of Illinois Extension Nutrition & Wellness Educator Marilyn Csernus and Horticulture Educator Candice Miller will share their knowledge and creative ideas during the program. The cost for the program is $5 per person. Pre-registration is requested.
To register or for more information, visit web.extension.illinois.edu/bdo/ or call (815) 732-2191.
Posted Oct. 10, 2012