- Clean water under attack in the U.S. Congress
- Man faces charges following attempted armed robbery
- Discovery Center experiences record public attendance
- Pet Talk: Probiotics for your pets
- Illinois home prices climb 3.7 percent in December
- Supreme Court and gay marriage — U of I expert weighs in
- More than 6,100 residents of Winnebago County enrolled in Marketplace
- First large U.S. delegation to visit Cuba since opening of relations
- Merger complete for Illinois Bank & Trust, Galena State Bank
- Crusader welcomes Dr. Maria Lozano Vazquez
Spanish and medieval guitar at Mendelssohn Oct. 12
Online Staff Report
Mendelssohn Performing Arts Center continues the 41st annual Charlotte’s Web Concert Series with Claude Bourbon, Spanish and medieval guitar, at 7:30 p.m., Friday, Oct. 12, at the historic Emerson House, 420 N. Main St., Rockford.
French-born Claude Bourbon grew up in Switzerland, where he was classically trained on guitar for many years. Since then, Claude has performed and studied all over the world, crafting an unbelievable fusion of classical, jazz, blues and rock, with Eastern, Spanish and Latin elements and strains of Western folk. His gravelly voice perfectly complements his performance.
Admission is $15 for adults and $5 for students. Also available: season subscriptions ($107 for adults, $31 for students, $231 for a family) and flex passes (adults: $56 for four concerts or $85 for six; students: $18 for four concerts or $27 for six).
Posted Oct. 10, 2012