- Man pleads guilty but mentally ill in 2013 murder
- Telephone, computer network outages at 22 Rockford schools
- Byron native selected as Sailor of the Year for Navy Band Southwest
- Illinois Tollway awards $337 million in contracts, sets budget
- 44 earn bachelor’s degrees at Saint Anthony College of Nursing
- Goodwill opens Donation Express site on Perryville
- Rock Valley College to manage TechWorks program
- University of Illinois at Chicago names chancellor
- Salvation Army to distribute food, toys to nearly 2,000 families
- American Manufacturing Competitiveness Act signed into law
Spanish and medieval guitar at Mendelssohn Oct. 12
Online Staff Report
Mendelssohn Performing Arts Center continues the 41st annual Charlotte’s Web Concert Series with Claude Bourbon, Spanish and medieval guitar, at 7:30 p.m., Friday, Oct. 12, at the historic Emerson House, 420 N. Main St., Rockford.
French-born Claude Bourbon grew up in Switzerland, where he was classically trained on guitar for many years. Since then, Claude has performed and studied all over the world, crafting an unbelievable fusion of classical, jazz, blues and rock, with Eastern, Spanish and Latin elements and strains of Western folk. His gravelly voice perfectly complements his performance.
Admission is $15 for adults and $5 for students. Also available: season subscriptions ($107 for adults, $31 for students, $231 for a family) and flex passes (adults: $56 for four concerts or $85 for six; students: $18 for four concerts or $27 for six).
Posted Oct. 10, 2012