- Man sentenced to 12 years in fatal hit-and-run
- White House fence jumper charged with kicking Secret Service dogs
- Man arrested on child pornography charges
- Woman hit with liquor bottle during home invasion
- Police arrest robbery suspect
- Rockford area trick-or-treat times
- The Odds Man: Three road dogs good bets in NFL Week 8
- IceHogs nipped in third period, return home Saturday
- BGA sues Chicago Police Department over transparency
- Clean water groups highlight progress for Apple River, call for more success stories
Spanish and medieval guitar at Mendelssohn Oct. 12
Online Staff Report
Mendelssohn Performing Arts Center continues the 41st annual Charlotte’s Web Concert Series with Claude Bourbon, Spanish and medieval guitar, at 7:30 p.m., Friday, Oct. 12, at the historic Emerson House, 420 N. Main St., Rockford.
French-born Claude Bourbon grew up in Switzerland, where he was classically trained on guitar for many years. Since then, Claude has performed and studied all over the world, crafting an unbelievable fusion of classical, jazz, blues and rock, with Eastern, Spanish and Latin elements and strains of Western folk. His gravelly voice perfectly complements his performance.
Admission is $15 for adults and $5 for students. Also available: season subscriptions ($107 for adults, $31 for students, $231 for a family) and flex passes (adults: $56 for four concerts or $85 for six; students: $18 for four concerts or $27 for six).
Posted Oct. 10, 2012