- Freeport murder suspect Damon Dixson taken into custody in Rockford
- Local gas station employee arrested for selling liquor to minor
- Renewable Fuel Standard delay ‘a mixed blessing,’ Bustos says
- Rockford delegation presents inaugural ‘Rockford Award’ to Norwegian Air
- Education in Illinois making slow progress, according to report
- Illinois GOP Congressional delegation: Obama’s immigration plan undermines rule of law
- Suspect, 17, charged in Halloween hit-and-run in Roscoe
- Saint Anthony College of Nursing president to retire
- Man found guilty in deadly August 2013 crash at Mulford and Garrett Lane
- ‘The Price is Right Live!’ at Coronado March 1; tickets on sale Nov. 21
Spanish and medieval guitar at Mendelssohn Oct. 12
Online Staff Report
Mendelssohn Performing Arts Center continues the 41st annual Charlotte’s Web Concert Series with Claude Bourbon, Spanish and medieval guitar, at 7:30 p.m., Friday, Oct. 12, at the historic Emerson House, 420 N. Main St., Rockford.
French-born Claude Bourbon grew up in Switzerland, where he was classically trained on guitar for many years. Since then, Claude has performed and studied all over the world, crafting an unbelievable fusion of classical, jazz, blues and rock, with Eastern, Spanish and Latin elements and strains of Western folk. His gravelly voice perfectly complements his performance.
Admission is $15 for adults and $5 for students. Also available: season subscriptions ($107 for adults, $31 for students, $231 for a family) and flex passes (adults: $56 for four concerts or $85 for six; students: $18 for four concerts or $27 for six).
Posted Oct. 10, 2012