- McKellen’s Mr. Holmes a satisfactory conclusion
- Rockford visitor spending jumps
- The misguided Cecil the lion debate
- State, union extend contract again
- Willow Creek left in the dust by development
- CUB helps residents find best deal
- What the Scott Walker fundraising controversy means for 2016
- Corn prices fade as supplies stay in surplus
- Cubs make history in an unfortunate way
- Pension battle headed for SCOTUS?
SwedishAmerican wins Beautification Award
For the past 15 years, the Rockford Area Gardeners of America (RAGA) has evaluated the landscaping and grounds of area for-profit and not-for-profit organizations and businesses to identify potential nominees for its annual Beautification Award. Some of the criteria considered in the evaluation include design, maintenance, freshness and color.
SwedishAmerican received the RAGA 2012 Beautification Award in the not-for-profit category. Specifically, this year’s award recognizes the SwedishAmerican Heart Hospital’s outdoor Healing Garden.
According to RAGA Awards Committee member Ken Frey, the annual Beautification Awards are a way for the RAGA to recognize, thank and call the community’s attention to Rockford individuals, businesses and organizations who show pride by spending time, effort and money to help beautify the community.
SwedishAmerican will receive the award at a special dinner Oct. 18 in the Gallery of the Main Visitors Center at Klehm Arboretum & Botanic Garden, 2715 S. Main St., Rockford.
SwedishAmerican is a not-for-profit, locally governed health care system with headquarters in Rockford. The health system is composed of two hospitals, 30 clinics, a home health care agency, a foundation and an exclusive affiliation with UW Health in northern Illinois.
From the Oct. 10-16, 2012, issue