- Dog and cat adoption event at Children’s Home + Aid Oct. 20
- Arrest warrant issued in string of burglaries
- The Odds Man: Bills, Seahawks good bets in NFL Week 7
- SwedishAmerican to build new clinic in Byron
- Chrysler recall affects 907k vehicles
- 7-year-old struck by car near Walker School
- Final City Market of the season Friday, Oct. 17
- Lee Hamilton: Viewing political corruption more broadly
- Rehearsals begin Oct. 19 for 69th presentation of Handel’s ‘Messiah’
- Amenti Haunted House opens Oct. 17 at DeKalb’s Egyptian Theatre
SwedishAmerican wins Beautification Award
For the past 15 years, the Rockford Area Gardeners of America (RAGA) has evaluated the landscaping and grounds of area for-profit and not-for-profit organizations and businesses to identify potential nominees for its annual Beautification Award. Some of the criteria considered in the evaluation include design, maintenance, freshness and color.
SwedishAmerican received the RAGA 2012 Beautification Award in the not-for-profit category. Specifically, this year’s award recognizes the SwedishAmerican Heart Hospital’s outdoor Healing Garden.
According to RAGA Awards Committee member Ken Frey, the annual Beautification Awards are a way for the RAGA to recognize, thank and call the community’s attention to Rockford individuals, businesses and organizations who show pride by spending time, effort and money to help beautify the community.
SwedishAmerican will receive the award at a special dinner Oct. 18 in the Gallery of the Main Visitors Center at Klehm Arboretum & Botanic Garden, 2715 S. Main St., Rockford.
SwedishAmerican is a not-for-profit, locally governed health care system with headquarters in Rockford. The health system is composed of two hospitals, 30 clinics, a home health care agency, a foundation and an exclusive affiliation with UW Health in northern Illinois.
From the Oct. 10-16, 2012, issue