- Three female fugitives wanted in New Jersey restaurant theft arrested in Illinois
- Man guilty in 2012 crash into home that injured 8-year-old
- McDonald’s: Federal complaint says company is joint employer
- T-Mobile settlement: $90M for cell phone bill cramming
- Shelter Care Ministries gets $30,000 grant
- Even more dead bees?
- Holiday travel: 98.6 million plan getaway, most on record
- Scam artists posing as utility reps, demanding payment
- Holiday mailing deadlines approach, Rockford Post Office warns
- Hispanics more than half of all renters, yet most are uninsured
Tickets on sale Oct. 13 for Frost & Friends holiday shopping event
Online Staff Report
The annual Frost & Friends holiday shopping event is set for 5 to 10 p.m., Friday, Nov. 9, and 5 to 10 p.m., Saturday, Nov. 10, at Cliffbreakers, 700 W. Riverside Blvd., Rockford.
Cost is $25 and tickets go on sale Oct. 13 online only at frostandfriends.com.
More than 40 exhibitors and artists from the region will be on hand with unique gifts for the holiday season. Once again this year, free Frosty totes will be given to the first 150 people both days, and raffle prizes will be given away each hour.
Frostini’s will be available for purchase in a Lisa Frost collector’s glass, and the 2012 commemorative poster is free with purchase.
A Frosty Fast Pass allows people to shop one hour early, from 4 to 5 p.m., Friday, Nov. 9, and get ahead of the crowds. The passes are limited. These early shoppers receive a hand-painted tote packed with “Frosty’s Favorite Things.”
New this year, get inspired for the season and experience a “Frosty” brunch with cooking with Sylvia’s Sylvia Waldsmith and Lisa Frost. Waldsmith will design and cool while Frost will inspire and decorate. The brunch will also include a fashion show.
Proceeds from the event provide art scholarships to local students.
Cost of admission is $5 and tickets can be purchased ahead of time at select locations. For more information, go to www.frostandfriends.com.
Posted Oct. 10, 2012