- Dog and cat adoption event at Children’s Home + Aid Oct. 20
- Arrest warrant issued in string of burglaries
- The Odds Man: Bills, Seahawks good bets in NFL Week 7
- SwedishAmerican to build new clinic in Byron
- Chrysler recall affects 907k vehicles
- 7-year-old struck by car near Walker School
- Final City Market of the season Friday, Oct. 17
- Lee Hamilton: Viewing political corruption more broadly
- Rehearsals begin Oct. 19 for 69th presentation of Handel’s ‘Messiah’
- Amenti Haunted House opens Oct. 17 at DeKalb’s Egyptian Theatre
Tickets on sale Oct. 13 for Frost & Friends holiday shopping event
Online Staff Report
The annual Frost & Friends holiday shopping event is set for 5 to 10 p.m., Friday, Nov. 9, and 5 to 10 p.m., Saturday, Nov. 10, at Cliffbreakers, 700 W. Riverside Blvd., Rockford.
Cost is $25 and tickets go on sale Oct. 13 online only at frostandfriends.com.
More than 40 exhibitors and artists from the region will be on hand with unique gifts for the holiday season. Once again this year, free Frosty totes will be given to the first 150 people both days, and raffle prizes will be given away each hour.
Frostini’s will be available for purchase in a Lisa Frost collector’s glass, and the 2012 commemorative poster is free with purchase.
A Frosty Fast Pass allows people to shop one hour early, from 4 to 5 p.m., Friday, Nov. 9, and get ahead of the crowds. The passes are limited. These early shoppers receive a hand-painted tote packed with “Frosty’s Favorite Things.”
New this year, get inspired for the season and experience a “Frosty” brunch with cooking with Sylvia’s Sylvia Waldsmith and Lisa Frost. Waldsmith will design and cool while Frost will inspire and decorate. The brunch will also include a fashion show.
Proceeds from the event provide art scholarships to local students.
Cost of admission is $5 and tickets can be purchased ahead of time at select locations. For more information, go to www.frostandfriends.com.
Posted Oct. 10, 2012