- Remember, fireworks are dangerous
- Wallace asks citizens to fight cuts
- Dispute over state payroll rolls on
- Why fight over free trade confounds partisan divide
- Still no state budget
- Crime control is not the responsibility of landlords
- Fly over to the Poplar Grove Wings and Wheels Museum benefit
- Local leaders warn of budget deadlock’s impact
- SHUTDOWN: Illinois preps for the worst
- TRRT Online Edition | July 1-7
Tickets on sale Oct. 13 for Frost & Friends holiday shopping event
Online Staff Report
The annual Frost & Friends holiday shopping event is set for 5 to 10 p.m., Friday, Nov. 9, and 5 to 10 p.m., Saturday, Nov. 10, at Cliffbreakers, 700 W. Riverside Blvd., Rockford.
Cost is $25 and tickets go on sale Oct. 13 online only at frostandfriends.com.
More than 40 exhibitors and artists from the region will be on hand with unique gifts for the holiday season. Once again this year, free Frosty totes will be given to the first 150 people both days, and raffle prizes will be given away each hour.
Frostini’s will be available for purchase in a Lisa Frost collector’s glass, and the 2012 commemorative poster is free with purchase.
A Frosty Fast Pass allows people to shop one hour early, from 4 to 5 p.m., Friday, Nov. 9, and get ahead of the crowds. The passes are limited. These early shoppers receive a hand-painted tote packed with “Frosty’s Favorite Things.”
New this year, get inspired for the season and experience a “Frosty” brunch with cooking with Sylvia’s Sylvia Waldsmith and Lisa Frost. Waldsmith will design and cool while Frost will inspire and decorate. The brunch will also include a fashion show.
Proceeds from the event provide art scholarships to local students.
Cost of admission is $5 and tickets can be purchased ahead of time at select locations. For more information, go to www.frostandfriends.com.
Posted Oct. 10, 2012