- Former NIU QB Harnish signed to Vikings practice squad
- Man arrested after ax incident
- The Odds Man: Chicago, Detroit, San Diego good bets in Week 4
- Updated: Roosevelt High School evacuated after bomb threat
- Grand jury: No charges against Tony Stewart
- Laurent House to remain open for tours throughout the year
- Dynamic father-son piano duo at Mendelssohn Sept. 26
- Award-winning author Dr. Amina Gautier at Rock Valley Sept. 25
- City to remove traffic lights
- Apple orchards still hurting from last winter’s cold
Turkey Testicle Festival set for Oct. 12-13 in Byron
BYRON, Ill. — The 34th Turkey Testicle Festival is set for Friday and Saturday, Oct. 12-13, at the intersection of Union and Second streets in Byron, Ill.
Hundreds of pounds of turkey testicles have been ordered for the event.
This year, the Bar Owners Association of Byron has selected several area charities to support, including the Serenity Hospice and Home, Operation Santa Claus, the Ronald McDonald Charities and the American Cancer Society. They are also grateful to be working with A.B.A.T.E. again this year.
The days will be filled with bands, beers, bikes, food and, of course, fried turkey testicles!
Friday, there will be karaoke from 5 to 9 p.m., and a performance by As One from 9 p.m. to midnight.
Saturday, the Lizzi Neal Band will kick things off at 1 p.m., followed by Stone Free at 4:30 p.m., and Rollin’ Whiskey at 8 p.m.
The annual frying of the turkey testicles will begin early afternoon, and will occur as supplies of the delicate treats last.
From the Oct. 10-16, 2012, issue