- Former Belvidere North teacher pleads guilty to sex charge
- Police ask for help in weekend armed robbery
- Belvidere football coach returns to sidelines after hazing probe
- IceHogs split weekend on the road
- Dog and cat adoption event at Children’s Home + Aid Oct. 20
- Arrest warrant issued in string of burglaries
- The Odds Man: Bills, Seahawks good bets in NFL Week 7
- SwedishAmerican to build new clinic in Byron
- Chrysler recall affects 907k vehicles
- 7-year-old struck by car near Walker School
Turkey Testicle Festival set for Oct. 12-13 in Byron
BYRON, Ill. — The 34th Turkey Testicle Festival is set for Friday and Saturday, Oct. 12-13, at the intersection of Union and Second streets in Byron, Ill.
Hundreds of pounds of turkey testicles have been ordered for the event.
This year, the Bar Owners Association of Byron has selected several area charities to support, including the Serenity Hospice and Home, Operation Santa Claus, the Ronald McDonald Charities and the American Cancer Society. They are also grateful to be working with A.B.A.T.E. again this year.
The days will be filled with bands, beers, bikes, food and, of course, fried turkey testicles!
Friday, there will be karaoke from 5 to 9 p.m., and a performance by As One from 9 p.m. to midnight.
Saturday, the Lizzi Neal Band will kick things off at 1 p.m., followed by Stone Free at 4:30 p.m., and Rollin’ Whiskey at 8 p.m.
The annual frying of the turkey testicles will begin early afternoon, and will occur as supplies of the delicate treats last.
From the Oct. 10-16, 2012, issue