- Man sentenced to 12 years in fatal hit-and-run
- White House fence jumper charged with kicking Secret Service dogs
- Man arrested on child pornography charges
- Woman hit with liquor bottle during home invasion
- Police arrest robbery suspect
- Rockford area trick-or-treat times
- The Odds Man: Three road dogs good bets in NFL Week 8
- IceHogs nipped in third period, return home Saturday
- BGA sues Chicago Police Department over transparency
- Clean water groups highlight progress for Apple River, call for more success stories
Turkey Testicle Festival set for Oct. 12-13 in Byron
BYRON, Ill. — The 34th Turkey Testicle Festival is set for Friday and Saturday, Oct. 12-13, at the intersection of Union and Second streets in Byron, Ill.
Hundreds of pounds of turkey testicles have been ordered for the event.
This year, the Bar Owners Association of Byron has selected several area charities to support, including the Serenity Hospice and Home, Operation Santa Claus, the Ronald McDonald Charities and the American Cancer Society. They are also grateful to be working with A.B.A.T.E. again this year.
The days will be filled with bands, beers, bikes, food and, of course, fried turkey testicles!
Friday, there will be karaoke from 5 to 9 p.m., and a performance by As One from 9 p.m. to midnight.
Saturday, the Lizzi Neal Band will kick things off at 1 p.m., followed by Stone Free at 4:30 p.m., and Rollin’ Whiskey at 8 p.m.
The annual frying of the turkey testicles will begin early afternoon, and will occur as supplies of the delicate treats last.
From the Oct. 10-16, 2012, issue