- Omnibus police reform bill passes House
- Senate refuses Rauner on lawsuits, property taxes
- Hastert indicted on federal charges
- State Roundup: Worker’s Comp proposal fails to make it out of committee
- Water advocates, Illinois businesses applaud release of EPA’s Clean Water Rule
- Renewable energy gains market share
- 13 arrested in FIFA probe
- Rockford Rocked Interview with Paul Bronson
- State Roundup: House passes youth concussion legislation
- Moving out
Turkey Testicle Festival set for Oct. 12-13 in Byron
BYRON, Ill. — The 34th Turkey Testicle Festival is set for Friday and Saturday, Oct. 12-13, at the intersection of Union and Second streets in Byron, Ill.
Hundreds of pounds of turkey testicles have been ordered for the event.
This year, the Bar Owners Association of Byron has selected several area charities to support, including the Serenity Hospice and Home, Operation Santa Claus, the Ronald McDonald Charities and the American Cancer Society. They are also grateful to be working with A.B.A.T.E. again this year.
The days will be filled with bands, beers, bikes, food and, of course, fried turkey testicles!
Friday, there will be karaoke from 5 to 9 p.m., and a performance by As One from 9 p.m. to midnight.
Saturday, the Lizzi Neal Band will kick things off at 1 p.m., followed by Stone Free at 4:30 p.m., and Rollin’ Whiskey at 8 p.m.
The annual frying of the turkey testicles will begin early afternoon, and will occur as supplies of the delicate treats last.
From the Oct. 10-16, 2012, issue