- Rockford visitor spending jumps
- The misguided Cecil the lion debate
- State, union extend contract again
- Willow Creek left in the dust by development
- CUB helps residents find best deal
- What the Scott Walker fundraising controversy means for 2016
- Corn prices fade as supplies stay in surplus
- Cubs make history in an unfortunate way
- Pension battle headed for SCOTUS?
- Closed for Progress: downtown’s steady revival
Fall Used Book Sale set for Oct. 19-20
Friends of Rockford Public Library’s semi-annual used book sale is from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m., Friday, Oct. 19, and 9 a.m. to 3 p.m., Saturday, Oct. 20, in the Main Library Auditorium, 215 N. Wyman St. (enter from Mulberry Street). A preview sale for members of the Friends of Rockford Public Library will be from 5 to 7 p.m., Thursday, Oct. 18. Membership card must be presented to attend. A Friends membership may be purchased at the door for $5.
Hundreds of fiction and nonfiction books in paperback and hardcover, magazines, videos, records and many children’s books are included. Book prices range from 25 cents to $1. Oct. 20, fill up a bag and pay just $2. Info: (815) 965-7606, ext. 699.
From the Oct. 17-23, 2012, issue