- Lee Hamilton: November’s elections won’t resolve much of anything
- Pec Playhouse Theatre announces auditions for holiday production
- Keeping up with Aida: A western adventure, part three
- State prepares for thousands of medical marijuana applications
- Rockford’s Choices Natural Market celebrates Non-GMO Month
- Week 5 NFL picks: Lions to improve to 4-1, Packers and Bears will keep pace at 3-2
- Craft Beer Scene Around Rockford: Revolution Brewing’s Oktoberfest offers good all-around balance
- Rockford’s Fall ArtScene at 37 locations Oct. 3-4
- Tales from the Trough: Preseason interview with ‘The Voice of the IceHogs,’ Mike Peck
- Mr. Green Car: Saltwater-powered car: the Quant e-Sportlimousine
Fall Used Book Sale set for Oct. 19-20
Friends of Rockford Public Library’s semi-annual used book sale is from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m., Friday, Oct. 19, and 9 a.m. to 3 p.m., Saturday, Oct. 20, in the Main Library Auditorium, 215 N. Wyman St. (enter from Mulberry Street). A preview sale for members of the Friends of Rockford Public Library will be from 5 to 7 p.m., Thursday, Oct. 18. Membership card must be presented to attend. A Friends membership may be purchased at the door for $5.
Hundreds of fiction and nonfiction books in paperback and hardcover, magazines, videos, records and many children’s books are included. Book prices range from 25 cents to $1. Oct. 20, fill up a bag and pay just $2. Info: (815) 965-7606, ext. 699.
From the Oct. 17-23, 2012, issue