- Judge tosses Chicago pension deal
- AFSCME, Rauner administration still at odds
- Through the brewing class
- AFSCME: Governor trying to force work stoppage
- What’s to negotiate? Illinois GOP, Dems can’t agree on topic
- Windows users rejoice: Windows 10 fixes what ails you!
- An easy fix to the Cubs scoring woes
- Trump ripped on floor of state House
- Striving to preserve biodiversity
- Happy hour (not so) special
Fall Used Book Sale set for Oct. 19-20
Friends of Rockford Public Library’s semi-annual used book sale is from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m., Friday, Oct. 19, and 9 a.m. to 3 p.m., Saturday, Oct. 20, in the Main Library Auditorium, 215 N. Wyman St. (enter from Mulberry Street). A preview sale for members of the Friends of Rockford Public Library will be from 5 to 7 p.m., Thursday, Oct. 18. Membership card must be presented to attend. A Friends membership may be purchased at the door for $5.
Hundreds of fiction and nonfiction books in paperback and hardcover, magazines, videos, records and many children’s books are included. Book prices range from 25 cents to $1. Oct. 20, fill up a bag and pay just $2. Info: (815) 965-7606, ext. 699.
From the Oct. 17-23, 2012, issue