- Conservatives join New Hampshire rally in support of campaign finance reform
- 11 public housing residents complete job readiness training
- Youth health care enrollment event at NIU Rockford Jan. 29
- More than 50 employers at Jan. 29 job fair
- School district’s credit rating remains solid
- State Police seize LSD, cannabis, U.S. currency in I-80 arrest
- Park District names employee, team of the year
- A closer look at fracking for natural gas
- Susan Johnson, copy editor, moves on after 21 years
- Guest Column: Clean Water Act: Supporters of clean water must make their voices heard
Judy Taylor wins Business Plan Contest
The goal of the Rockton Chamber of Commerce Business Plan Contest was to encourage the development of effective business plans that assist entrepreneurs with advancing, enhancing, or strengthening existing small businesses and matching emerging financial and/or technical needs with existing resources.
The Business Plan Contest required contestants to submit an original idea and business plan, attend educational seminars, and receive mentoring by local business owners. The business plans submitted were judged by other people who are in positions of ownership or management.
Several contests were involved in the contest, and it was no easy task to make the final selection. The Rockton Chamber of Commerce congratulates Judy Taylor as the winner of their Business Plan Contest. She will be awarded more than $10,000 in prizes of in-kind services toward implementing her business plan. The prizes are donated by several businesses in the community and surrounding area and are designed to help her launch her new business. All participants of the Business Plan Contest will be recognized at the Rockton Chamber’s Annual Awards Dinner in early 2013.
From the Oct. 17-23, 2012, issue