- Woman, two teens arrested following narcotics investigation
- Former county officials charged with theft
- New Zion Baptist participates in National Back to Church Sunday Sept. 21
- Donors celebrate new school health center
- Debris cleanup underway near Fordham Dam
- Some good, some bad in Obama executive order on protecting antibiotics
- Two arrested on cannabis charges after search of detached garage on North Henrietta
- Man guilty of drug charges faces 60 years in prison
- Rockford BBB aware of ‘Microsoft’ phone scam
- Judge: Chad Grimm will remain on Illinois governor ballot
Judy Taylor wins Business Plan Contest
The goal of the Rockton Chamber of Commerce Business Plan Contest was to encourage the development of effective business plans that assist entrepreneurs with advancing, enhancing, or strengthening existing small businesses and matching emerging financial and/or technical needs with existing resources.
The Business Plan Contest required contestants to submit an original idea and business plan, attend educational seminars, and receive mentoring by local business owners. The business plans submitted were judged by other people who are in positions of ownership or management.
Several contests were involved in the contest, and it was no easy task to make the final selection. The Rockton Chamber of Commerce congratulates Judy Taylor as the winner of their Business Plan Contest. She will be awarded more than $10,000 in prizes of in-kind services toward implementing her business plan. The prizes are donated by several businesses in the community and surrounding area and are designed to help her launch her new business. All participants of the Business Plan Contest will be recognized at the Rockton Chamber’s Annual Awards Dinner in early 2013.
From the Oct. 17-23, 2012, issue