- Northern Illinois to get $8.3 million for state construction projects
- Tree-lighting festival kicks off holiday season in Machesney Park
- Roscoe Boy Scout Troop’s tree stand at new location
- Tips for selecting safe toys for kids this holiday season
- Prayer service for World AIDS Day Nov. 30
- Food Bank joins national #GivingTuesday movement
- Lee Hamilton: What lies ahead for Congress
- Rockford Public Schools faces $8.8 deficit, board OKs flat tax, HR chief
- Literary Hook: A holiday tradition: ‘This Thanksgiving, Remember’
- Cold snap does not negate global warming
Judy Taylor wins Business Plan Contest
The goal of the Rockton Chamber of Commerce Business Plan Contest was to encourage the development of effective business plans that assist entrepreneurs with advancing, enhancing, or strengthening existing small businesses and matching emerging financial and/or technical needs with existing resources.
The Business Plan Contest required contestants to submit an original idea and business plan, attend educational seminars, and receive mentoring by local business owners. The business plans submitted were judged by other people who are in positions of ownership or management.
Several contests were involved in the contest, and it was no easy task to make the final selection. The Rockton Chamber of Commerce congratulates Judy Taylor as the winner of their Business Plan Contest. She will be awarded more than $10,000 in prizes of in-kind services toward implementing her business plan. The prizes are donated by several businesses in the community and surrounding area and are designed to help her launch her new business. All participants of the Business Plan Contest will be recognized at the Rockton Chamber’s Annual Awards Dinner in early 2013.
From the Oct. 17-23, 2012, issue