- BGA sues Chicago Police Department over transparency
- Clean water groups highlight progress for Apple River, call for more success stories
- Lincoln associates found in recently discovered 1840 Menard County census
- BIFF Year ’Round presents the documentary ‘Slingshot’ Oct. 29
- Rockford’s Discovery Center presents ‘Spooky Science’ Oct. 25
- Academic Dr. Duke Pesta speaks against Common Core, part 2
- Rockford Record Crawl 2014 celebrates music, indie retailers
- Early voting continues after ballot error corrected
- Caruana outpacing Springer in money race for sheriff
- Week 8 NFL picks: Lions, Packers will continue to share NFC North lead
Judy Taylor wins Business Plan Contest
The goal of the Rockton Chamber of Commerce Business Plan Contest was to encourage the development of effective business plans that assist entrepreneurs with advancing, enhancing, or strengthening existing small businesses and matching emerging financial and/or technical needs with existing resources.
The Business Plan Contest required contestants to submit an original idea and business plan, attend educational seminars, and receive mentoring by local business owners. The business plans submitted were judged by other people who are in positions of ownership or management.
Several contests were involved in the contest, and it was no easy task to make the final selection. The Rockton Chamber of Commerce congratulates Judy Taylor as the winner of their Business Plan Contest. She will be awarded more than $10,000 in prizes of in-kind services toward implementing her business plan. The prizes are donated by several businesses in the community and surrounding area and are designed to help her launch her new business. All participants of the Business Plan Contest will be recognized at the Rockton Chamber’s Annual Awards Dinner in early 2013.
From the Oct. 17-23, 2012, issue