- Commentary: Walker’s budget calls for schools to stop reporting sexual assaults
- Wallace hopes for redevelopment expansion
- Teravainen makes instant impact on return to ‘Hawks
- Oregon mayor reacts to Exelon talk of closing nuclear plant
- GiGi’s benefit for Down syndrome, March 21
- What’s the future hold for Rose?
- ‘Hogs keep pace in tight Midwest
- Qatar continues to confound
- Meet John Doe: Keep public notices in print
- Commentary: Rauner’s minimum wage plan just more of the same from GOP
Judy Taylor wins Business Plan Contest
The goal of the Rockton Chamber of Commerce Business Plan Contest was to encourage the development of effective business plans that assist entrepreneurs with advancing, enhancing, or strengthening existing small businesses and matching emerging financial and/or technical needs with existing resources.
The Business Plan Contest required contestants to submit an original idea and business plan, attend educational seminars, and receive mentoring by local business owners. The business plans submitted were judged by other people who are in positions of ownership or management.
Several contests were involved in the contest, and it was no easy task to make the final selection. The Rockton Chamber of Commerce congratulates Judy Taylor as the winner of their Business Plan Contest. She will be awarded more than $10,000 in prizes of in-kind services toward implementing her business plan. The prizes are donated by several businesses in the community and surrounding area and are designed to help her launch her new business. All participants of the Business Plan Contest will be recognized at the Rockton Chamber’s Annual Awards Dinner in early 2013.
From the Oct. 17-23, 2012, issue