- Remember, fireworks are dangerous
- Wallace asks citizens to fight cuts
- Dispute over state payroll rolls on
- Why fight over free trade confounds partisan divide
- Still no state budget
- Crime control is not the responsibility of landlords
- Fly over to the Poplar Grove Wings and Wheels Museum benefit
- Local leaders warn of budget deadlock’s impact
- SHUTDOWN: Illinois preps for the worst
- TRRT Online Edition | July 1-7
Nov. 2 deadline to vote for OSF Pink Glove Dance II video
OSF Saint Anthony Medical Center has entered the Pink Glove Dance II video competition aimed at raising breast cancer awareness.
First-place winner of the competition will win a $10,000 donation to the charity of their choice. If OSF Saint Anthony wins first place, a $10,000 donation will be awarded to the American Cancer Society — Rockford chapter’s “Making Strides Against Breast Cancer” walk.
Last year, the OSF Saint Anthony Pink Glove Dance video reached 30th place out of 140 video submissions. This year, there are 367 video submissions.
Voting opened at noon, Friday, Oct. 12. There was such a tremendous surge of traffic to the Pink Glove website that voting was unavailable for most of the weekend. That means this year’s competition is even fiercer than last year. Voting is now available, so take a moment to vote for the OSF Saint Anthony video.
For information about how to vote, visit www.osfsaintanthony.org/pinkglove.
Voting is being conducted through a Facebook application, so you must have a Facebook account and be logged into that account to vote. You can only vote one time, so “share” the contest on Facebook, Twitter, through e-mail or even through word of mouth.
Deadline for voting is Friday, Nov. 2.
From the Oct. 17-23, 2012, issue