- Facebook’s Instant Articles not a threat to media
- U of I expert: Rauner’s pension fix ‘unconstitutional’
- State Senate approves lesser penalties for marijuana possession
- State Roundup: Natural gas vehicle tax stalls in committee
- Raptors, Rangers FC announce June camp
- Student debt 101: dearth of data fuels common misperceptions
- ‘Millionaire tax’ clears House panel
- Memorial Day events at Midway’s LZ Peace Memorial
- Wallace calls for Rockford crime task force
- How we discovered the 3 revolutions of American pop
Nov. 2 deadline to vote for OSF Pink Glove Dance II video
OSF Saint Anthony Medical Center has entered the Pink Glove Dance II video competition aimed at raising breast cancer awareness.
First-place winner of the competition will win a $10,000 donation to the charity of their choice. If OSF Saint Anthony wins first place, a $10,000 donation will be awarded to the American Cancer Society — Rockford chapter’s “Making Strides Against Breast Cancer” walk.
Last year, the OSF Saint Anthony Pink Glove Dance video reached 30th place out of 140 video submissions. This year, there are 367 video submissions.
Voting opened at noon, Friday, Oct. 12. There was such a tremendous surge of traffic to the Pink Glove website that voting was unavailable for most of the weekend. That means this year’s competition is even fiercer than last year. Voting is now available, so take a moment to vote for the OSF Saint Anthony video.
For information about how to vote, visit www.osfsaintanthony.org/pinkglove.
Voting is being conducted through a Facebook application, so you must have a Facebook account and be logged into that account to vote. You can only vote one time, so “share” the contest on Facebook, Twitter, through e-mail or even through word of mouth.
Deadline for voting is Friday, Nov. 2.
From the Oct. 17-23, 2012, issue