- Rockford visitor spending jumps
- The misguided Cecil the lion debate
- State, union extend contract again
- Willow Creek left in the dust by development
- CUB helps residents find best deal
- What the Scott Walker fundraising controversy means for 2016
- Corn prices fade as supplies stay in surplus
- Cubs make history in an unfortunate way
- Pension battle headed for SCOTUS?
- Closed for Progress: downtown’s steady revival
Nov. 2 deadline to vote for OSF Pink Glove Dance II video
OSF Saint Anthony Medical Center has entered the Pink Glove Dance II video competition aimed at raising breast cancer awareness.
First-place winner of the competition will win a $10,000 donation to the charity of their choice. If OSF Saint Anthony wins first place, a $10,000 donation will be awarded to the American Cancer Society — Rockford chapter’s “Making Strides Against Breast Cancer” walk.
Last year, the OSF Saint Anthony Pink Glove Dance video reached 30th place out of 140 video submissions. This year, there are 367 video submissions.
Voting opened at noon, Friday, Oct. 12. There was such a tremendous surge of traffic to the Pink Glove website that voting was unavailable for most of the weekend. That means this year’s competition is even fiercer than last year. Voting is now available, so take a moment to vote for the OSF Saint Anthony video.
For information about how to vote, visit www.osfsaintanthony.org/pinkglove.
Voting is being conducted through a Facebook application, so you must have a Facebook account and be logged into that account to vote. You can only vote one time, so “share” the contest on Facebook, Twitter, through e-mail or even through word of mouth.
Deadline for voting is Friday, Nov. 2.
From the Oct. 17-23, 2012, issue