- ‘Death tax’ rhetoric doesn’t address the facts
- ‘We’re back': second ‘Star Wars’ teaser drops
- Sunday Service: Legalizing competition in Illinois’ auto industry
- Cullerton: Don’t bet on right-to-work zones
- State Roundup: Rauner continues “Turnaround” pitch
- Open Government: Improved FOIA laws crucial
- Legislators ask Rauner to pony up pension details
- Rockford Art Deli providing homegrown artists a place to flourish
- Talcott acquisition continues west side trend
- Record Store Day brings vinyl back into the limelight
Rockford Area Illini Club celebrates 50 years Oct. 30
The Rockford Area Illini Club (RAIC) is celebrating its 50th anniversary with a dinner Tuesday, Oct. 30, at Franchesco’s Ristorante, 7128 Spring Creek Road, Rockford. Social hour begins at 5:30 p.m., with dinner at 6:30.
Featured speaker will be Loren Taylor, president of the University of Illinois Alumni Association. A highlight of the evening will be a review of the history of the club. The program begins at 7:15 p.m. A silent auction will be available from 5:30 to 7:15 p.m. Music will be provided by saxophonist Harlan Jefferson from 6 to 7 p.m.
Donations are coming in and feature some Illini items from years gone by. All items can be picked up and paid for at the end of the evening. Credit cards will be accepted.
Tickets to the event are $50 each. Make checks payable to RAIC. Send reservations by Oct. 23 to: Connie Gritton Winter, 14392 W. Blair Road, Winslow, IL 60189, or register online with a credit card at www.rockfordillini.com.
From the Oct. 17-23, 2012, issue