- The Odds Man: NFL QBs holding up Vegas in Week 9
- Murder charges filed in crash that killed Rockford attorney
- General Election Endorsements: Re-elect Madigan, Kinzinger
- IceHogs squeak by Grand Rapids behind strong Leighton showing
- Celebrate Dia de los Muertos at Riverfront Museum Park campus Nov. 1
- Lee Hamilton: Some thoughts on governing
- Top of Illinois Veterans Stand Down Oct. 31 in Rockford
- CUB shares list of worst customer horror stories
- Park District receives Governor’s Sustainability Award
- Park District’s ‘Ties & Tennies’ fund-raiser Nov. 14; deadline Nov. 6
Rockford Area Illini Club celebrates 50 years Oct. 30
The Rockford Area Illini Club (RAIC) is celebrating its 50th anniversary with a dinner Tuesday, Oct. 30, at Franchesco’s Ristorante, 7128 Spring Creek Road, Rockford. Social hour begins at 5:30 p.m., with dinner at 6:30.
Featured speaker will be Loren Taylor, president of the University of Illinois Alumni Association. A highlight of the evening will be a review of the history of the club. The program begins at 7:15 p.m. A silent auction will be available from 5:30 to 7:15 p.m. Music will be provided by saxophonist Harlan Jefferson from 6 to 7 p.m.
Donations are coming in and feature some Illini items from years gone by. All items can be picked up and paid for at the end of the evening. Credit cards will be accepted.
Tickets to the event are $50 each. Make checks payable to RAIC. Send reservations by Oct. 23 to: Connie Gritton Winter, 14392 W. Blair Road, Winslow, IL 60189, or register online with a credit card at www.rockfordillini.com.
From the Oct. 17-23, 2012, issue