- Man pleads guilty but mentally ill in 2013 murder
- Telephone, computer network outages at 22 Rockford schools
- Byron native selected as Sailor of the Year for Navy Band Southwest
- Illinois Tollway awards $337 million in contracts, sets budget
- 44 earn bachelor’s degrees at Saint Anthony College of Nursing
- Goodwill opens Donation Express site on Perryville
- Rock Valley College to manage TechWorks program
- University of Illinois at Chicago names chancellor
- Salvation Army to distribute food, toys to nearly 2,000 families
- American Manufacturing Competitiveness Act signed into law
Rockford Area Illini Club celebrates 50 years Oct. 30
The Rockford Area Illini Club (RAIC) is celebrating its 50th anniversary with a dinner Tuesday, Oct. 30, at Franchesco’s Ristorante, 7128 Spring Creek Road, Rockford. Social hour begins at 5:30 p.m., with dinner at 6:30.
Featured speaker will be Loren Taylor, president of the University of Illinois Alumni Association. A highlight of the evening will be a review of the history of the club. The program begins at 7:15 p.m. A silent auction will be available from 5:30 to 7:15 p.m. Music will be provided by saxophonist Harlan Jefferson from 6 to 7 p.m.
Donations are coming in and feature some Illini items from years gone by. All items can be picked up and paid for at the end of the evening. Credit cards will be accepted.
Tickets to the event are $50 each. Make checks payable to RAIC. Send reservations by Oct. 23 to: Connie Gritton Winter, 14392 W. Blair Road, Winslow, IL 60189, or register online with a credit card at www.rockfordillini.com.
From the Oct. 17-23, 2012, issue