- Northern Illinois to get $8.3 million for state construction projects
- Tree-lighting festival kicks off holiday season in Machesney Park
- Roscoe Boy Scout Troop’s tree stand at new location
- Tips for selecting safe toys for kids this holiday season
- Prayer service for World AIDS Day Nov. 30
- Food Bank joins national #GivingTuesday movement
- Lee Hamilton: What lies ahead for Congress
- Rockford Public Schools faces $8.8 deficit, board OKs flat tax, HR chief
- Literary Hook: A holiday tradition: ‘This Thanksgiving, Remember’
- Cold snap does not negate global warming
Rockford Area Illini Club celebrates 50 years Oct. 30
The Rockford Area Illini Club (RAIC) is celebrating its 50th anniversary with a dinner Tuesday, Oct. 30, at Franchesco’s Ristorante, 7128 Spring Creek Road, Rockford. Social hour begins at 5:30 p.m., with dinner at 6:30.
Featured speaker will be Loren Taylor, president of the University of Illinois Alumni Association. A highlight of the evening will be a review of the history of the club. The program begins at 7:15 p.m. A silent auction will be available from 5:30 to 7:15 p.m. Music will be provided by saxophonist Harlan Jefferson from 6 to 7 p.m.
Donations are coming in and feature some Illini items from years gone by. All items can be picked up and paid for at the end of the evening. Credit cards will be accepted.
Tickets to the event are $50 each. Make checks payable to RAIC. Send reservations by Oct. 23 to: Connie Gritton Winter, 14392 W. Blair Road, Winslow, IL 60189, or register online with a credit card at www.rockfordillini.com.
From the Oct. 17-23, 2012, issue