- Hastert indicted on federal charges
- State Roundup: Worker’s Comp proposal fails to make it out of committee
- Water advocates, Illinois businesses applaud release of EPA’s Clean Water Rule
- Renewable energy gains market share
- 13 arrested in FIFA probe
- Rockford Rocked Interview with Paul Bronson
- State Roundup: House passes youth concussion legislation
- Moving out
- Illinois’ guaranteed-tuition law making college less affordable
- ‘Ex Machina’ a pick for awards season
Rockford Area Illini Club celebrates 50 years Oct. 30
The Rockford Area Illini Club (RAIC) is celebrating its 50th anniversary with a dinner Tuesday, Oct. 30, at Franchesco’s Ristorante, 7128 Spring Creek Road, Rockford. Social hour begins at 5:30 p.m., with dinner at 6:30.
Featured speaker will be Loren Taylor, president of the University of Illinois Alumni Association. A highlight of the evening will be a review of the history of the club. The program begins at 7:15 p.m. A silent auction will be available from 5:30 to 7:15 p.m. Music will be provided by saxophonist Harlan Jefferson from 6 to 7 p.m.
Donations are coming in and feature some Illini items from years gone by. All items can be picked up and paid for at the end of the evening. Credit cards will be accepted.
Tickets to the event are $50 each. Make checks payable to RAIC. Send reservations by Oct. 23 to: Connie Gritton Winter, 14392 W. Blair Road, Winslow, IL 60189, or register online with a credit card at www.rockfordillini.com.
From the Oct. 17-23, 2012, issue