- Bill limits automated license plate readers
- Private uni’s subject to FOIA says House
- Guest Commentary: Earth Day or April Fools Day?
- State Roundup: Concerns raised about proposed change in DUI pot standard
- Bill would decrease pot penalties; small amounts would draw only ticket, fine
- Senate votes to restore human service cuts; bill moves to House for consideration
- Bill to restrict red light cameras passes House
- State Roundup: Budget fix in current FY not yet done
- State Roundup: GOMB Director won’t support borrowing
- Economists: pros, cons to raising the state fuel tax
76-year-old woman, passenger die in two-vehicle crash in Stephenson County
Online Staff Report
FREEPORT, Ill. — The Winnebago County Coroner’s Office has released the name of the driver of a fatal two-vehicle crash at Baileyville and Lamar roads in Stephenson County.
Helen A. Franz, 76, of Freeport, Ill., was the driver of one of the vehicles involved in the incident, and she died as a result of injuries sustained in the crash. Her rear-seat passenger, also a female, was pronounced dead at the scene.
Franz was flown by helicopter to Rockford Memorial Hospital, where she was pronounced dead in surgery at 10:25 p.m., Wednesday, Oct. 17. Her cause of death is head and chest injuries as a result of the accident.
Stephenson County Sheriff’s police are investigating the accident. The Winnebago County Coroner’s Office has said alcohol was not a factor in the accident.
Posted Oct. 18, 2012