- Northern Illinois to get $8.3 million for state construction projects
- Tree-lighting festival kicks off holiday season in Machesney Park
- Roscoe Boy Scout Troop’s tree stand at new location
- Tips for selecting safe toys for kids this holiday season
- Prayer service for World AIDS Day Nov. 30
- Food Bank joins national #GivingTuesday movement
- Lee Hamilton: What lies ahead for Congress
- Rockford Public Schools faces $8.8 deficit, board OKs flat tax, HR chief
- Literary Hook: A holiday tradition: ‘This Thanksgiving, Remember’
- Cold snap does not negate global warming
76-year-old woman, passenger die in two-vehicle crash in Stephenson County
Online Staff Report
FREEPORT, Ill. — The Winnebago County Coroner’s Office has released the name of the driver of a fatal two-vehicle crash at Baileyville and Lamar roads in Stephenson County.
Helen A. Franz, 76, of Freeport, Ill., was the driver of one of the vehicles involved in the incident, and she died as a result of injuries sustained in the crash. Her rear-seat passenger, also a female, was pronounced dead at the scene.
Franz was flown by helicopter to Rockford Memorial Hospital, where she was pronounced dead in surgery at 10:25 p.m., Wednesday, Oct. 17. Her cause of death is head and chest injuries as a result of the accident.
Stephenson County Sheriff’s police are investigating the accident. The Winnebago County Coroner’s Office has said alcohol was not a factor in the accident.
Posted Oct. 18, 2012