- Facebook’s Instant Articles not a threat to media
- U of I expert: Rauner’s pension fix ‘unconstitutional’
- State Senate approves lesser penalties for marijuana possession
- State Roundup: Natural gas vehicle tax stalls in committee
- Raptors, Rangers FC announce June camp
- Student debt 101: dearth of data fuels common misperceptions
- ‘Millionaire tax’ clears House panel
- Memorial Day events at Midway’s LZ Peace Memorial
- Wallace calls for Rockford crime task force
- How we discovered the 3 revolutions of American pop
76-year-old woman, passenger die in two-vehicle crash in Stephenson County
Online Staff Report
FREEPORT, Ill. — The Winnebago County Coroner’s Office has released the name of the driver of a fatal two-vehicle crash at Baileyville and Lamar roads in Stephenson County.
Helen A. Franz, 76, of Freeport, Ill., was the driver of one of the vehicles involved in the incident, and she died as a result of injuries sustained in the crash. Her rear-seat passenger, also a female, was pronounced dead at the scene.
Franz was flown by helicopter to Rockford Memorial Hospital, where she was pronounced dead in surgery at 10:25 p.m., Wednesday, Oct. 17. Her cause of death is head and chest injuries as a result of the accident.
Stephenson County Sheriff’s police are investigating the accident. The Winnebago County Coroner’s Office has said alcohol was not a factor in the accident.
Posted Oct. 18, 2012