- Rockford visitor spending jumps
- The misguided Cecil the lion debate
- State, union extend contract again
- Willow Creek left in the dust by development
- CUB helps residents find best deal
- What the Scott Walker fundraising controversy means for 2016
- Corn prices fade as supplies stay in surplus
- Cubs make history in an unfortunate way
- Pension battle headed for SCOTUS?
- Closed for Progress: downtown’s steady revival
Free open house at Atwood Park Oct. 20
Online Staff Report
Do you have fond memories of camp or school field trips at Seth B. Atwood Park in Rockford? Rockford Park District staff invites the public to attend a free open house at Atwood Center (lodge building) from 11 a.m. to 2 p.m. (program begins at 12:30 p.m.), Saturday, Oct. 20, to share past experiences and share ideas about future programming.
Atwood Center staff will share information about ongoing projects and volunteer opportunities, and conduct tours of the facility. Homemade snacks from the Atwood kitchen will be served.
Atwood Center is at 2685 New Milford School Road, Rockford.
If more information is needed, call (815) 874-7576. For information about support or assistive listening equipment for people with disabilities, call (815) 987-8800. Information about the park and environmental recreation programs can be found at www.rockfordparkdistrict.org/atwood.
Posted Oct. 18, 2012