- Dimke: ‘I’m not going to retire’
- IMRF responds: Pay spiking against the rules
- Bill limits automated license plate readers
- Private uni’s subject to FOIA says House
- Guest Commentary: Earth Day or April Fools Day?
- State Roundup: Concerns raised about proposed change in DUI pot standard
- Bill would decrease pot penalties; small amounts would draw only ticket, fine
- Senate votes to restore human service cuts; bill moves to House for consideration
- Bill to restrict red light cameras passes House
- State Roundup: Budget fix in current FY not yet done
The Taus host Total Woman Conference and Expo Oct. 19-20
Online Staff Report
The Taus, Inc., will host their first Total Woman Conference and Expo Friday and Saturday, Oct. 19-20, featuring a Friday evening dinner banquet at Cliffbreakers Restaurant and Convention Center, 700 W. Riverside Blvd., with keynote speaker Donna Brazile.
The total cost for the dinner banquet and vendor expo will be $75. Friday, the doors will open at 5:30 p.m. Social hour will be from 6 to 7 p.m. Dinner will be served at 7 p.m. Saturday will include workshops featuring Spirituality, Debt Relief, Natural Hair Care, Relationships, a Literary Café and vendor expo. The expo will begin at 11 a.m., and the workshops will begin at noon.
The Taus is a nonprofit organization that was organized in 1959 and chartered in 1960. The signature fund-raising event for nearly 50 years was the Ebony Fashion Fair Show. This show was a crowd pleaser for the Rockford community and allowed the Taus to give more than 150 scholarships totaling more than $100,000. Taus, Inc., is sailing in a new direction, and they invite you to join them on their journey in launching their next chapter.
The Taus’ purpose and mission is: “To initiate and develop cultural and social activities to promote higher education by awarding annual scholarships and to support community activities.”
The Taus is committed to the Rockford community and endeavors to advance educational opportunities for minority female students who seek to pursue higher education. Proceeds from this event will benefit the Taus Annual Scholarship Fund.
For more information, contact Luevinus Muhammad at (815) 757-2044.
Posted Oct. 18, 2012