- Rockton Lions raise funds for Talcott Free Library during Oct. 10 Candy Day
- Former Belvidere North teacher pleads guilty to sex charge
- Police ask for help in weekend armed robbery
- Belvidere football coach returns to sidelines after hazing probe
- IceHogs split weekend on the road
- Dog and cat adoption event at Children’s Home + Aid Oct. 20
- Arrest warrant issued in string of burglaries
- The Odds Man: Bills, Seahawks good bets in NFL Week 7
- SwedishAmerican to build new clinic in Byron
- Chrysler recall affects 907k vehicles
Girl Scouts taking orders for fall products through Nov. 2
Peanut Butter Bears, Dark Chocolate Mint Penguins, Dulce De Leche Caramels and Wasabi Almonds join the lineup for Girl Scouts of Northern Illinois’ 2012 Fall Product Program.
Local Girl Scouts will start their own small businesses, offering gourmet food items and magazines to community members, from Oct. 19 to Nov. 2.
To support the business leaders of tomorrow, ask your favorite Girl Scout entrepreneur for an order form or e-mail your order to email@example.com, where it will be filled and delivered by a Girl Scout in your area.
This year’s other gourmet treats include Mint Treasures (in a vintage Girl Scout mailbox tin), Caramel Treasures, Chocolate Covered Raisins and Deluxe Pecan Clusters.
Salty nut items include Whole Cashews, Chocolate Toffee Almonds, Honey Roasted Peanuts, along with Chocolate Covered Peanuts and Cranberry Nut Mix.
A sweet Fruit Slice assortment is also offered, along with the always delicious spicy Hot Cajun Crunch.
Food items start at $5, and no food item is more than $8. Product previews are available online at http://www.girlscoutsni.org/fall_product_line.html.
Girls will also be offering magazine subscriptions through online ordering. Any community member may encourage members of the military through GSNI’s Gift of Caring Share Program. A $5 donation purchases one candy/nut item and four $5 donations purchases one subscription to a magazine for a military service member. All candy, nuts and subscriptions are ordered virtually and donated directly to the military. Girls who receive two $5 donations toward the Gift of Caring Share Program earn a colorful Share Patch for their commitment to our troops.
GSNI serves nearly 20,000 girls and 6,000 adult volunteers in parts or all of Boone, Carroll, Cook, DeKalb, DuPage, Jo Daviess, Kane, Kendall, Lake, LaSalle, Lee, McHenry, Ogle, Stephenson, Whiteside and Winnebago counties.
For more about how to join, volunteer, reconnect or donate to GSNI, visit www.girlscoutsni.org or call 1-800-242-5591.
From the Oct. 24-30, 2012, issue