- Three female fugitives wanted in New Jersey restaurant theft arrested in Illinois
- Man guilty in 2012 crash into home that injured 8-year-old
- McDonald’s: Federal complaint says company is joint employer
- T-Mobile settlement: $90M for cell phone bill cramming
- Shelter Care Ministries gets $30,000 grant
- Even more dead bees?
- Holiday travel: 98.6 million plan getaway, most on record
- Scam artists posing as utility reps, demanding payment
- Holiday mailing deadlines approach, Rockford Post Office warns
- Hispanics more than half of all renters, yet most are uninsured
Healing Pathways announces new executive director
Healing Pathways-Cancer Resource Center has announced that Kathleen Hughes has been hired as its new executive director.
Hughes brings 12 years of experience in leadership, management, education and development to her new role with Healing Pathways. During her career, Hughes has provided overall direction of a cancer wellness center, wrote and implemented various grant-funded programs, and developed and managed various fund-raising events.
Hughes was the first Making Strides Against Breast Cancer manager for the American Cancer Society Rockford/Batavia region; health education director for the Ogle County Health Department; program and executive director for the Home of Hope Cancer Wellness Center, and most recently served as adult education coordinator for Sauk Valley Community College.
“On behalf of the Healing Pathways, we are eager and fortunate to have someone who has the experience, skill, and compassion which Kathleen possesses,” said Joe Arco, president of the Healing Pathways Board of Directors.
Healing Pathways-Cancer Resource Center offers free services to people touched by cancer. Programs offered include stress management and nutrition classes, gentle exercise, support groups, and massage therapy and reflexology. Programs are held in the lower level of Westminster Presbyterian Church, 2821 N. Bell School Road, Rockford. Healing Pathways opened in 2010 and is funded solely through private contributions.
From the Oct. 24-30, 2012, issue