- Remember, fireworks are dangerous
- Wallace asks citizens to fight cuts
- Dispute over state payroll rolls on
- Why fight over free trade confounds partisan divide
- Still no state budget
- Crime control is not the responsibility of landlords
- Fly over to the Poplar Grove Wings and Wheels Museum benefit
- Local leaders warn of budget deadlock’s impact
- SHUTDOWN: Illinois preps for the worst
- TRRT Online Edition | July 1-7
Letter to the Rockford Housing Authority
Editor’s note: Following is a protest letter to RHA from residents of North Main Manor regarding their new policy of a monthly fee for pets. A meeting will be held at 4 p.m., Thursday, Oct. 25, at RHA offices, 223 S. Winnebago St. to address this issue.
Oct. 22, 2012
To Whom It May Concern:
I, as a resident of Rockford Housing Authority, would like the outside world to be aware of a travesty that Housing is proposing to levy on those residents who have pets. You are required to pay a $100 per pet deposit. Now, Housing wants to also charge an additional $25 per month pet charge. This is totally unfair. What we would like to submit is a grandfather clause for those of us already residing in Housing. Any tenants signing new leases would be subject to the new rules.
For some of us, the only friend we have is our pet, especially the elderly who don’t get out. I would plead for the outside world to think of having to choose between a good meal or having to keep your beloved friend. Which would you choose? I’m sure that some of us struggle now to keep our pets, but when you come home and that great face greets you at the door, it’s all worth it.
I am thankful for Housing because I truthfully couldn’t live in the outside world. I don’t usually think their rules are out of order, but this is totally unfair and unreasonable. Please help us.
Resident of North Main Manor
(Signed by 34 residents of North Main Manor)
cc: Rep.Chuck Jefferson
From the Oct. 24-30, 2012, issue