- Northern Illinois to get $8.3 million for state construction projects
- Tree-lighting festival kicks off holiday season in Machesney Park
- Roscoe Boy Scout Troop’s tree stand at new location
- Tips for selecting safe toys for kids this holiday season
- Prayer service for World AIDS Day Nov. 30
- Food Bank joins national #GivingTuesday movement
- Lee Hamilton: What lies ahead for Congress
- Rockford Public Schools faces $8.8 deficit, board OKs flat tax, HR chief
- Literary Hook: A holiday tradition: ‘This Thanksgiving, Remember’
- Cold snap does not negate global warming
Mike LaMonica Jr. receives beer distributor award
Michael J. LaMonica Jr., president/general manager of LaMonica Beverages, Inc., in Loves Park, Ill., was presented with the Key Distributor/Legislator Contact Award. The presentation was made Sept. 25 at the Associated Beer Distributors of Illinois (ABDI) 74th Annual Convention at Eagle Ridge Resort & Spa in Galena, Ill., which was attended by more than 120 industry professionals.
Mr. LaMonica has been in the beer distribution business since 1976. LaMonica Beverage distributes ABInbev, Crown Imports, Shiner Bock, Monster energy drinks, Goose Island soft drinks, Arizona Iced Tea products and Nestle products.
Mr. LaMonica has served on the ABDI Board of Directors, ABDI/PAC chairman, senior vice president, vice chairman, chairman of the board and immediate past chairman. He also has served on local community boards and the mayor’s finance committee.
The award is given for outstanding efforts to educate legislators about the beer distribution industry. Legislators were invited to tour the distributorship to meet employees and understand the complexities of delivering beer to licensed retailers.
LaMonica Beverage, Inc., employees also provided Talking to Teens About Drinking booklets to legislators who, in turn, could give them to their constituents. Talking to Teens booklets were created in partnership with the Illinois Principals Association and Illinois High School Association, to assist parents in having an open discussion about alcohol-related issues with their children.
The Associated Beer Distributors of Illinois, a not-for-profit business trade association, represents, maintains and improves the interests of its members who distribute beer of all brewers. ABDI advocates value in the three-tier regulatory system by being the unified voice for beer distributors on legislation and regulation, by promoting responsible beer consumption and by providing educational and other services to meet its members’ needs. Distributors are licensed by the State of Illinois to import and distribute beer to licensed retailers.
From the Oct. 24-30, 2012, issue