- The Odds Man: NFL QBs holding up Vegas in Week 9
- Murder charges filed in crash that killed Rockford attorney
- General Election Endorsements: Re-elect Madigan, Kinzinger
- IceHogs squeak by Grand Rapids behind strong Leighton showing
- Celebrate Dia de los Muertos at Riverfront Museum Park campus Nov. 1
- Lee Hamilton: Some thoughts on governing
- Top of Illinois Veterans Stand Down Oct. 31 in Rockford
- CUB shares list of worst customer horror stories
- Park District receives Governor’s Sustainability Award
- Park District’s ‘Ties & Tennies’ fund-raiser Nov. 14; deadline Nov. 6
New restaurant opens in former Red Lion on East State
Wednesday, Oct. 24, Vintage@501, 501 E. State St., will open for business.
Vintage@501 will feature a vintage Americana theme with casual pub food.
Owner and Rockford native Matt Idzikowski has spent the past 12 years working in Chicago at various dining establishments. He sees the location of the former Red Lion at the corner of East State and Second Street as an opportunity to fill in the block with a new concept and menu.
Idzikowski has been encouraged by the increased traffic and energy downtown emanating from the Rockford City Market and the growth of several new businesses.
Peter Provenzano, chairman of the Rock River Development Partnership, the group that launched the City Market in 2010, and the owner of 501 E. State St., is looking forward to the activation of the space.
“Vintage@501 will be a great addition to the downtown offerings and complement the existing businesses on Block 5,” Provenzano said.
Vintage@501 will be open for lunch and dinner seven days a week. Menu will feature burgers and fries, steaks and chops.
From the Oct. 24-30, 2012, issue