- Former Belvidere North teacher pleads guilty to sex charge
- Police ask for help in weekend armed robbery
- Belvidere football coach returns to sidelines after hazing probe
- IceHogs split weekend on the road
- Dog and cat adoption event at Children’s Home + Aid Oct. 20
- Arrest warrant issued in string of burglaries
- The Odds Man: Bills, Seahawks good bets in NFL Week 7
- SwedishAmerican to build new clinic in Byron
- Chrysler recall affects 907k vehicles
- 7-year-old struck by car near Walker School
New restaurant opens in former Red Lion on East State
Wednesday, Oct. 24, Vintage@501, 501 E. State St., will open for business.
Vintage@501 will feature a vintage Americana theme with casual pub food.
Owner and Rockford native Matt Idzikowski has spent the past 12 years working in Chicago at various dining establishments. He sees the location of the former Red Lion at the corner of East State and Second Street as an opportunity to fill in the block with a new concept and menu.
Idzikowski has been encouraged by the increased traffic and energy downtown emanating from the Rockford City Market and the growth of several new businesses.
Peter Provenzano, chairman of the Rock River Development Partnership, the group that launched the City Market in 2010, and the owner of 501 E. State St., is looking forward to the activation of the space.
“Vintage@501 will be a great addition to the downtown offerings and complement the existing businesses on Block 5,” Provenzano said.
Vintage@501 will be open for lunch and dinner seven days a week. Menu will feature burgers and fries, steaks and chops.
From the Oct. 24-30, 2012, issue