- Keeping up with Aida: A western adventure, part three
- State prepares for thousands of medical marijuana applications
- Rockford’s Choices Natural Market celebrates Non-GMO Month
- Week 5 NFL picks: Lions to improve to 4-1, Packers and Bears will keep pace at 3-2
- Craft Beer Scene Around Rockford: Revolution Brewing’s Oktoberfest offers good all-around balance
- Rockford’s Fall ArtScene at 37 locations Oct. 3-4
- Tales from the Trough: Preseason interview with ‘The Voice of the IceHogs,’ Mike Peck
- Mr. Green Car: Saltwater-powered car: the Quant e-Sportlimousine
- Charges re-filed against seven Hells Angels
- Tube Talk: Addicted to ‘Rehab Addict’
Oct. 29 deadline for Reiki classes at Rockford Career College
Online Staff Report
Rockford Career College is hosting a basic Level 1 Reiki Energy Healing class at its facility, 1130 S. Alpine Road (The Heartland Church Mall), the evenings of Thursday, Nov. 1, and Thursday, Nov. 8. Sessions run 6:30-9:30 p.m.
The class is offered to both the general public as well as those in bodywork therapies, and there are no prerequisites for this course level.
The class is taught by Master Reiki Teacher Richard Gubbe, and costs $75. Gubbe has been teaching the Usui System of Reiki Healing for the past 25 years and has instructed more than 2,700 students.
Massage tables are available for use at the site. Reiki 1 certificates are awarded and honored worldwide, and six CEs for massage therapists are available through the NCBTMB Rockford Career College provider number 451519-11. CE candidates must attend both sessions for the entire scheduled time.
Reiki is a light energy system that is recognized in the field of energetic bodywork as the most effective technique to relax, balance and heal the body, mind and spirit. Reiki, the Japanese word for “Light Energy,” accelerates the body’s healing process and provides physical and spiritual healing and stress relief, along with personal growth and awareness. Reiki students learn all the necessary steps to use Universal Life Energy.
To register, call (815) 965-8616 or contact firstname.lastname@example.org. Registrations will be accepted until Monday, Oct. 29. For a full brochure of class offerings, see “Continuing Education” at www.rockfordcareercollege.edu.
Posted Oct. 24, 2012