- Man guilty of drug charges faces 60 years in prison
- Rockford BBB aware of ‘Microsoft’ phone scam
- Judge: Chad Grimm will remain on Illinois governor ballot
- Forest-preserve sex sting nets 10
- Armed robbery reported at Machesney Park CVS
- Lee Hamilton: President, Congress should work together on military intervention
- Ethnic Parade and Festival Sunday, Sept. 21
- Symphony begins 80th season Sept. 20
- Vikings bar Adrian Peterson from team activities
- Mr. Green Car: A car from your printer
Workforce Investment Board welcomes members
The Boone and Winnebago Counties Workforce Investment Board, at its 2012 Annual Meeting in September, announced seven new board members.
Joining the board are Beverly Long (Rockford Health System); Amanda Smith (RVC Adult Education & Literacy); Gary Evans (Castle Bank); Frank Rotello (Alpha Controls); Shelly Cassaro (Rockford Housing Authority); Jon Skorburg (Nextar Broadcasting); and Dr. Lori Fanello (Regional Office of Education).
Leaving the board are Jon Bates, Dan Parod and John Cressman. Workforce thanks them for their involvement and commitment.
The Workforce Investment Board announced earlier its officers for the coming year, as follow:
Chairman: Paul Callighan, ComEd; Vice Chairman: Karen Brown, OSF Saint Anthony Medical Center; Secretary-Treasurer: Amy Ott, Chicago-Rockford International Airport; and Director-at-Large: Mark Stefanic, SupplyCore.
The mission of the Boone and Winnebago Counties Workforce Investment Board is to create a competitive, skilled and educated workforce by providing a system for the citizens of Boone and Winnebago counties to gain meaningful employment responsive to the needs of business.
From the Oct. 24-30, 2012, issue