- Telephone fraud on the rise, BBB reports
- Pet Talk: The seeing eye guide dog birthday
- State Police seize 155 pounds of cannabis during traffic stop
- Mitt Romney won’t run in 2016
- Man shot three times near Oakley Avenue, West Jefferson Street
- Goodwill’s free income tax sites open Jan. 30
- Rock Valley College hosts FAFSA Completion Night Feb. 4
- Stateline Fruit and Vegetable Growers Conference Feb. 5
- Cardiology Millennium Conference Feb. 2
- Scammers lurking to trap last-minute Super Bowl ticket buyers
Workforce Investment Board welcomes members
The Boone and Winnebago Counties Workforce Investment Board, at its 2012 Annual Meeting in September, announced seven new board members.
Joining the board are Beverly Long (Rockford Health System); Amanda Smith (RVC Adult Education & Literacy); Gary Evans (Castle Bank); Frank Rotello (Alpha Controls); Shelly Cassaro (Rockford Housing Authority); Jon Skorburg (Nextar Broadcasting); and Dr. Lori Fanello (Regional Office of Education).
Leaving the board are Jon Bates, Dan Parod and John Cressman. Workforce thanks them for their involvement and commitment.
The Workforce Investment Board announced earlier its officers for the coming year, as follow:
Chairman: Paul Callighan, ComEd; Vice Chairman: Karen Brown, OSF Saint Anthony Medical Center; Secretary-Treasurer: Amy Ott, Chicago-Rockford International Airport; and Director-at-Large: Mark Stefanic, SupplyCore.
The mission of the Boone and Winnebago Counties Workforce Investment Board is to create a competitive, skilled and educated workforce by providing a system for the citizens of Boone and Winnebago counties to gain meaningful employment responsive to the needs of business.
From the Oct. 24-30, 2012, issue