- Former Belvidere North teacher pleads guilty to sex charge
- Police ask for help in weekend armed robbery
- Belvidere football coach returns to sidelines after hazing probe
- IceHogs split weekend on the road
- Dog and cat adoption event at Children’s Home + Aid Oct. 20
- Arrest warrant issued in string of burglaries
- The Odds Man: Bills, Seahawks good bets in NFL Week 7
- SwedishAmerican to build new clinic in Byron
- Chrysler recall affects 907k vehicles
- 7-year-old struck by car near Walker School
Workforce Investment Board welcomes members
The Boone and Winnebago Counties Workforce Investment Board, at its 2012 Annual Meeting in September, announced seven new board members.
Joining the board are Beverly Long (Rockford Health System); Amanda Smith (RVC Adult Education & Literacy); Gary Evans (Castle Bank); Frank Rotello (Alpha Controls); Shelly Cassaro (Rockford Housing Authority); Jon Skorburg (Nextar Broadcasting); and Dr. Lori Fanello (Regional Office of Education).
Leaving the board are Jon Bates, Dan Parod and John Cressman. Workforce thanks them for their involvement and commitment.
The Workforce Investment Board announced earlier its officers for the coming year, as follow:
Chairman: Paul Callighan, ComEd; Vice Chairman: Karen Brown, OSF Saint Anthony Medical Center; Secretary-Treasurer: Amy Ott, Chicago-Rockford International Airport; and Director-at-Large: Mark Stefanic, SupplyCore.
The mission of the Boone and Winnebago Counties Workforce Investment Board is to create a competitive, skilled and educated workforce by providing a system for the citizens of Boone and Winnebago counties to gain meaningful employment responsive to the needs of business.
From the Oct. 24-30, 2012, issue