- The Odds Man: Three road dogs good bets in NFL Week 8
- IceHogs nipped in third period, return home Saturday
- BGA sues Chicago Police Department over transparency
- Clean water groups highlight progress for Apple River, call for more success stories
- Lincoln associates found in recently discovered 1840 Menard County census
- BIFF Year ’Round presents the documentary ‘Slingshot’ Oct. 29
- Rockford’s Discovery Center presents ‘Spooky Science’ Oct. 25
- Academic Dr. Duke Pesta speaks against Common Core, part 2
- Rockford Record Crawl 2014 celebrates music, indie retailers
- Early voting continues after ballot error corrected
Zen master to conduct meditation session at Roscoe yoga studio Oct. 29
By Karen Radtke
ROSCOE, Ill. — Zen Master Meido Moore Roshi will be conducting Zazen (seated meditation) and leading discussion beginning at 7:45 p.m., Monday, Oct. 29, at Lazy Dog Yoga Studio in Roscoe, Ill.
Moore Roshi is from the Daiyuzenji Temple in Chicago, where he has been teaching meditation for more than 10 years. He has also taught meditation across the country and in Europe.
Zazen is one practice method of the Rinzai Zen tradition, and enables an individual to recognize his/her own true nature. Beginners and experienced meditators are welcome.
The yoga studio is in the Integral Therapy Center, Main Street Square, 5428 Williams Drive, Roscoe, Ill.
Posted Oct. 24, 2012