- Academic Dr. Duke Pesta speaks against Common Core, part 2
- Rockford Record Crawl 2014 celebrates music, indie retailers
- Early voting continues after ballot error corrected
- Caruana outpacing Springer in money race for sheriff
- Week 8 NFL picks: Lions, Packers will continue to share NFC North lead
- Impacts of low oil prices
- Monica Lewinsky takes aim at online bullying
- Beware of online Halloween scams
- Rockton Lions raise funds for Talcott Free Library during Oct. 10 Candy Day
- Former Belvidere North teacher pleads guilty to sex charge
Zen master to conduct meditation session at Roscoe yoga studio Oct. 29
By Karen Radtke
ROSCOE, Ill. — Zen Master Meido Moore Roshi will be conducting Zazen (seated meditation) and leading discussion beginning at 7:45 p.m., Monday, Oct. 29, at Lazy Dog Yoga Studio in Roscoe, Ill.
Moore Roshi is from the Daiyuzenji Temple in Chicago, where he has been teaching meditation for more than 10 years. He has also taught meditation across the country and in Europe.
Zazen is one practice method of the Rinzai Zen tradition, and enables an individual to recognize his/her own true nature. Beginners and experienced meditators are welcome.
The yoga studio is in the Integral Therapy Center, Main Street Square, 5428 Williams Drive, Roscoe, Ill.
Posted Oct. 24, 2012