- Regular RHA meeting a quiet affair
- Funnel clouds possible through evening
- Smoking bans a breath of fresh air to some, infuriating to others
- Experts break down the SCOTUS gay marriage ruling
- Senators offer insight into population loss
- SCOTUS ruling legalizes gay marriage
- RAMP receives $10,000 grant for youth services
- Obamacare victory shows failure of Scalia’s conservative revolution
- City Market: June 26
- BREAKING: Rauner vetoes state budget
Dave Warkins and Country Standard Tyme to perform Nov. 3
MT. MORRIS, Ill. — The Mt.Morris, Ill., free concerts on the band shell’s 2012 season has one final performance to present. However,it will be at Pinecrest’s Grove theater, instead of the band shell, from 7 to 9 p.m., Saturday, Nov. 3. The performance will feature Mt. Morris musician Dave Warkins and his band, Country Standard Tyme.
Country Standard Tyme brings a variety of good-time, toe-tapping music ranging from classic country standards from many of the greats such as Johnny Cash, George Jones and Willie Nelson through contemporary artists such as George Strait with some old-time rock and roll thrown in for good measure by the likes of Ricky Nelson and Jimmy Buffet.
The core of the band formed nearly 20 years ago after a shared stint in the highly respected local country band County Line. Leader David Warkins plays rhythm guitar, Jim Hastings is the group’s bassist, while drummer Larry Kessling keeps the beat cooking and all three contribute wonderful lead and backing vocals.
The quartet is filled out by Bob Frederick providing the classic country signature sound of pedal steel guitar. Frederick has formerly played in Blue Rainbow Again and keeps his chops honed by playing in other bands near and far.
The performance is free.
Posted Oct. 31, 2012