- Man sentenced to 12 years in fatal hit-and-run
- White House fence jumper charged with kicking Secret Service dogs
- Man arrested on child pornography charges
- Woman hit with liquor bottle during home invasion
- Police arrest robbery suspect
- Rockford area trick-or-treat times
- The Odds Man: Three road dogs good bets in NFL Week 8
- IceHogs nipped in third period, return home Saturday
- BGA sues Chicago Police Department over transparency
- Clean water groups highlight progress for Apple River, call for more success stories
Dave Warkins and Country Standard Tyme to perform Nov. 3
MT. MORRIS, Ill. — The Mt.Morris, Ill., free concerts on the band shell’s 2012 season has one final performance to present. However,it will be at Pinecrest’s Grove theater, instead of the band shell, from 7 to 9 p.m., Saturday, Nov. 3. The performance will feature Mt. Morris musician Dave Warkins and his band, Country Standard Tyme.
Country Standard Tyme brings a variety of good-time, toe-tapping music ranging from classic country standards from many of the greats such as Johnny Cash, George Jones and Willie Nelson through contemporary artists such as George Strait with some old-time rock and roll thrown in for good measure by the likes of Ricky Nelson and Jimmy Buffet.
The core of the band formed nearly 20 years ago after a shared stint in the highly respected local country band County Line. Leader David Warkins plays rhythm guitar, Jim Hastings is the group’s bassist, while drummer Larry Kessling keeps the beat cooking and all three contribute wonderful lead and backing vocals.
The quartet is filled out by Bob Frederick providing the classic country signature sound of pedal steel guitar. Frederick has formerly played in Blue Rainbow Again and keeps his chops honed by playing in other bands near and far.
The performance is free.
Posted Oct. 31, 2012