- Rauner to Smiddy: No debate for you
- State Roundup: Moody’s: Regardless of reform, Chicago pension will grow for years
- State Roundup: State could see up to $500 million in unexpected revenue for current FY
- Tax revenues up, Rauner to restore $26 million ‘Good Friday’ cuts
- First Friday Lineup: May 1
- State Roundup: Former governor Walker passes away
- Mayors decry local funding cut proposal, say expect cuts to services
- Senate rejects bill to ban smoking in cars with children present
- Mayors warn of critical cuts if funds are reduced
- Rebuilding Rockford
Free Young Musicians Series Recital Nov. 3 at Mendelssohn
Mendelssohn Performing Arts Center presents local music students in the Young Musicians Series Recital, “Autumn Masquerade,” at 1:30 p.m., Saturday, Nov. 3, in the Mendelssohn Performing Arts Center’s Emerson Auditorium, 415 N. Church St., Rockford. The recital is free to the public.
The Young Musicians Series Recital will celebrate the autumn season and Halloween through various musical genres, including blues, rag and jazz, by talented music students from the northern Illinois and southern Wisconsin area. A reception will follow the recital.
The Mendelssohn Performing Arts Center presents three free Young Musicians Series Recitals per concert season. The recitals take place in November, January and April. Each recital is devoted to a specific genre of music, such as blues and jazz, or classical and romantic. The purpose of this series is to offer local music students the opportunity to perform for the public and to develop their poise, memory and concentration skills, and performance etiquette. Students interested in performing in the series should contact Jea Yi, recital chairman, at (815) 544-4614 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
For more about Mendelssohn, visit www.mendelssohnpac.org.
From the Oct. 31-Nov. 6, 2012, issue