- The Odds Man: NFL QBs holding up Vegas in Week 9
- Murder charges filed in crash that killed Rockford attorney
- General Election Endorsements: Re-elect Madigan, Kinzinger
- IceHogs squeak by Grand Rapids behind strong Leighton showing
- Celebrate Dia de los Muertos at Riverfront Museum Park campus Nov. 1
- Lee Hamilton: Some thoughts on governing
- Top of Illinois Veterans Stand Down Oct. 31 in Rockford
- CUB shares list of worst customer horror stories
- Park District receives Governor’s Sustainability Award
- Park District’s ‘Ties & Tennies’ fund-raiser Nov. 14; deadline Nov. 6
Free Young Musicians Series Recital Nov. 3 at Mendelssohn
Mendelssohn Performing Arts Center presents local music students in the Young Musicians Series Recital, “Autumn Masquerade,” at 1:30 p.m., Saturday, Nov. 3, in the Mendelssohn Performing Arts Center’s Emerson Auditorium, 415 N. Church St., Rockford. The recital is free to the public.
The Young Musicians Series Recital will celebrate the autumn season and Halloween through various musical genres, including blues, rag and jazz, by talented music students from the northern Illinois and southern Wisconsin area. A reception will follow the recital.
The Mendelssohn Performing Arts Center presents three free Young Musicians Series Recitals per concert season. The recitals take place in November, January and April. Each recital is devoted to a specific genre of music, such as blues and jazz, or classical and romantic. The purpose of this series is to offer local music students the opportunity to perform for the public and to develop their poise, memory and concentration skills, and performance etiquette. Students interested in performing in the series should contact Jea Yi, recital chairman, at (815) 544-4614 or email@example.com.
For more about Mendelssohn, visit www.mendelssohnpac.org.
From the Oct. 31-Nov. 6, 2012, issue