- Hospitals lift visitor age restrictions as number of flu cases decreases
- Winnebago County sheriff names chief deputy
- URGENT: Four votes and we could lose on Keystone
- Guest Column: Housing Authority CEO: Time to unify behind quality living
- Rockford police investigate 17th Street murder
- Clean water under attack in the U.S. Congress
- Man faces charges following attempted armed robbery
- Discovery Center experiences record public attendance
- Pet Talk: Probiotics for your pets
- Illinois home prices climb 3.7 percent in December
Free Young Musicians Series Recital Nov. 3 at Mendelssohn
Mendelssohn Performing Arts Center presents local music students in the Young Musicians Series Recital, “Autumn Masquerade,” at 1:30 p.m., Saturday, Nov. 3, in the Mendelssohn Performing Arts Center’s Emerson Auditorium, 415 N. Church St., Rockford. The recital is free to the public.
The Young Musicians Series Recital will celebrate the autumn season and Halloween through various musical genres, including blues, rag and jazz, by talented music students from the northern Illinois and southern Wisconsin area. A reception will follow the recital.
The Mendelssohn Performing Arts Center presents three free Young Musicians Series Recitals per concert season. The recitals take place in November, January and April. Each recital is devoted to a specific genre of music, such as blues and jazz, or classical and romantic. The purpose of this series is to offer local music students the opportunity to perform for the public and to develop their poise, memory and concentration skills, and performance etiquette. Students interested in performing in the series should contact Jea Yi, recital chairman, at (815) 544-4614 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
For more about Mendelssohn, visit www.mendelssohnpac.org.
From the Oct. 31-Nov. 6, 2012, issue