- Former Belvidere North teacher pleads guilty to sex charge
- Police ask for help in weekend armed robbery
- Belvidere football coach returns to sidelines after hazing probe
- IceHogs split weekend on the road
- Dog and cat adoption event at Children’s Home + Aid Oct. 20
- Arrest warrant issued in string of burglaries
- The Odds Man: Bills, Seahawks good bets in NFL Week 7
- SwedishAmerican to build new clinic in Byron
- Chrysler recall affects 907k vehicles
- 7-year-old struck by car near Walker School
Free Young Musicians Series Recital Nov. 3 at Mendelssohn
Mendelssohn Performing Arts Center presents local music students in the Young Musicians Series Recital, “Autumn Masquerade,” at 1:30 p.m., Saturday, Nov. 3, in the Mendelssohn Performing Arts Center’s Emerson Auditorium, 415 N. Church St., Rockford. The recital is free to the public.
The Young Musicians Series Recital will celebrate the autumn season and Halloween through various musical genres, including blues, rag and jazz, by talented music students from the northern Illinois and southern Wisconsin area. A reception will follow the recital.
The Mendelssohn Performing Arts Center presents three free Young Musicians Series Recitals per concert season. The recitals take place in November, January and April. Each recital is devoted to a specific genre of music, such as blues and jazz, or classical and romantic. The purpose of this series is to offer local music students the opportunity to perform for the public and to develop their poise, memory and concentration skills, and performance etiquette. Students interested in performing in the series should contact Jea Yi, recital chairman, at (815) 544-4614 or email@example.com.
For more about Mendelssohn, visit www.mendelssohnpac.org.
From the Oct. 31-Nov. 6, 2012, issue