- Celebrate Dia de los Muertos at Riverfront Museum Park campus Nov. 1
- Lee Hamilton: Some thoughts on governing
- Top of Illinois Veterans Stand Down Oct. 31 in Rockford
- CUB shares list of worst customer horror stories
- Park District receives Governor’s Sustainability Award
- Park District’s ‘Ties & Tennies’ fund-raiser Nov. 14; deadline Nov. 6
- Nov. 2 concert celebrates release of Jodi Beach’s sixth recording
- Healthy Halloween Party Nov. 1 at U of I College of Medicine at Rockford
- Three local NFL Flag Football teams head to regional competition
- ‘Hoo’ Haven hosts annual open house Nov. 2 in Durand
Is Kinzinger humane?
Adam Kinzinger is the only congressman in Illinois who scored a ZERO on the Humane Society of the U.S.’ Congressional Scorecard. This is the Humane Society, not PETA. The Humane Society is the nation’s largest animal protection organization and has been active for almost 60 years. Bobby Schilling and Paul Ryan each scored a 9 (out of 100). See www.hslf.org/humanescorecard for details. Mitt Romney transported his dog, Seamus, in a carrying case on top of his car for a 12-hour highway trip. Since these men clearly cannot be trusted to care for animals, how can they be trusted to govern this country?
Posted Oct. 31, 2012