- IceHogs drop Wolves 4-3 at home
- Man sentenced to 12 years in fatal hit-and-run
- White House fence jumper charged with kicking Secret Service dogs
- Man arrested on child pornography charges
- Woman hit with liquor bottle during home invasion
- Police arrest robbery suspect
- Rockford area trick-or-treat times
- The Odds Man: Three road dogs good bets in NFL Week 8
- IceHogs nipped in third period, return home Saturday
- BGA sues Chicago Police Department over transparency
Local woman sets up her own storefront business
When Emily Seagren of Rockford needed to go back to work after having her first child, she decided it was time to find a career that allowed her to spend more time at home with her newborn. After trying a number of direct sales companies, she decided Avon would be the best fit for her personally because it offered her the flexibility of working on her own time and in her own way. Seagren has not only increased her sales dramatically since joining Avon in 2008; she has completely reinvented the traditional sales strategy.
Rather than door-to-door sales and deliveries, Seagren started her own storefront business where she sells a multitude of Avon products, which she cross-promotes through her Facebook business page, blog and Twitter handle.
“Avon has given me the opportunity to build my business at my own pace and spend time at home with my two children while they’re young,” she said. “As I continue to grow my Avon business, I am extremely grateful for the opportunities and incentives Avon has offered me, and look forward to many more years of success!”
For more details, visit http://eseagren.avonrepresentative.com.
From the Oct. 31-Nov. 6, 2012, issue