- Rockton Lions raise funds for Talcott Free Library during Oct. 10 Candy Day
- Former Belvidere North teacher pleads guilty to sex charge
- Police ask for help in weekend armed robbery
- Belvidere football coach returns to sidelines after hazing probe
- IceHogs split weekend on the road
- Dog and cat adoption event at Children’s Home + Aid Oct. 20
- Arrest warrant issued in string of burglaries
- The Odds Man: Bills, Seahawks good bets in NFL Week 7
- SwedishAmerican to build new clinic in Byron
- Chrysler recall affects 907k vehicles
New daytime and evening adult grief support groups offered
BELOIT, WIS. — Beloit Regional Hospice will host two seven-week adult grief support groups beginning Tuesday, Nov. 6. The daytime group will meet from 1-2:30 p.m., and the evening group will meet from 6-7:30 p.m. at the Beloit Regional Hospice offices at 655 Third St., Suite 200 in Beloit. Grief support groups and resources are open to anyone in the community who has experienced a death. Meeting with other people who are experiencing similar circumstances provides encouragement and support. Coping skills and various aspects of the grieving process are discussed.
Each group will meet for seven consecutive weeks, Nov.6 through Dec. 18. Call (608) 363-7421 or toll free (877) 363-7421 and ask for the Grief Department to register. There is no charge to attend, but advance registration is required.
For 30 years, Beloit Regional Hospice staff and vollunters have been leaders in quality and compassion who seek to serve all who want and need their care. Through teamwork, they advocate for appropriate care while respecting the right of patients to choose their journey, and above all, hope is always embraced at the end of life. The nonprofit organization’s mission is, “To help make each moment of remaining life as full and comfortable as possible,” for terminally-ill individuals and families in the counties of Boone, Green, Rock, Walworth and Winnebago. You can visit their website at www.beloitregionalhospice.com. Become a BRH fan on Facebook or receive their newsletter electronically by e-mailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
Posted Oct. 31, 2012