- Dog and cat adoption event at Children’s Home + Aid Oct. 20
- Arrest warrant issued in string of burglaries
- The Odds Man: Bills, Seahawks good bets in NFL Week 7
- SwedishAmerican to build new clinic in Byron
- Chrysler recall affects 907k vehicles
- 7-year-old struck by car near Walker School
- Final City Market of the season Friday, Oct. 17
- Lee Hamilton: Viewing political corruption more broadly
- Rehearsals begin Oct. 19 for 69th presentation of Handel’s ‘Messiah’
- Amenti Haunted House opens Oct. 17 at DeKalb’s Egyptian Theatre
Northwest Illinois Audubon Society to host program on 113th Annual Christmas Bird Count
Northwest Illinois Audubon Society will be hosting a program at 7 p.m., Tuesday, Nov. 6, at St. John United Church of Christ, 1010 S. Park Blvd. in Freeport. All are welcome at the meeting. Keith Blackmore will present a program designed to highlight the history of the Christmas Bird Count, and streamline Northwest Illinois Audubon members’ birding skills in preparation for the event.
“Each of the citizen scientists who annually braves snow, wind or rain, to take part in the Christmas Bird Count makes an enormous contribution to conservation. National Audubon and other organizations use data collected in this longest-running wildlife census to assess the health of bird populations — and to help guide conservation action,” said Keith Blackmore, who will present the program.
This program will get you ready to be counting up a storm. Participants will learn abouot what is needed to participate in the National Audubon Society Christmas Bird Count as a backyard feeder counter and as a field counter.
The meeting begins at 7 p.m. for chapter announcements; the program begins at 7:30, followed by refreshments. For information, contact Eve at (815-821-1886.
Posted Oct. 31, 2012