- Nov. 4 General Election endorsements: Retain County Clerk Margie Mullins
- Nov. 4 General Election endorsements: Re-elect Jesse White
- Nov. 4 General Election endorsements: Elect Sheila Simons as state comptroller
- Brad Roos to step down as Zion Development executive director
- Smash your pumpkin at Rockford’s Discovery Center Nov. 2
- Control the candy without limiting the Halloween fun
- RHS Ambassadors host Halloween party for hospitalized children
- Beware of the energy-sucking vampires in your home, ComEd warns
- Rockford Park District golf season begins to wrap up
- Two locals to be honored among state’s top college students
Northwest Illinois Audubon Society to host program on 113th Annual Christmas Bird Count
Northwest Illinois Audubon Society will be hosting a program at 7 p.m., Tuesday, Nov. 6, at St. John United Church of Christ, 1010 S. Park Blvd. in Freeport. All are welcome at the meeting. Keith Blackmore will present a program designed to highlight the history of the Christmas Bird Count, and streamline Northwest Illinois Audubon members’ birding skills in preparation for the event.
“Each of the citizen scientists who annually braves snow, wind or rain, to take part in the Christmas Bird Count makes an enormous contribution to conservation. National Audubon and other organizations use data collected in this longest-running wildlife census to assess the health of bird populations — and to help guide conservation action,” said Keith Blackmore, who will present the program.
This program will get you ready to be counting up a storm. Participants will learn abouot what is needed to participate in the National Audubon Society Christmas Bird Count as a backyard feeder counter and as a field counter.
The meeting begins at 7 p.m. for chapter announcements; the program begins at 7:30, followed by refreshments. For information, contact Eve at (815-821-1886.
Posted Oct. 31, 2012