- Former Belvidere North teacher pleads guilty to sex charge
- Police ask for help in weekend armed robbery
- Belvidere football coach returns to sidelines after hazing probe
- IceHogs split weekend on the road
- Dog and cat adoption event at Children’s Home + Aid Oct. 20
- Arrest warrant issued in string of burglaries
- The Odds Man: Bills, Seahawks good bets in NFL Week 7
- SwedishAmerican to build new clinic in Byron
- Chrysler recall affects 907k vehicles
- 7-year-old struck by car near Walker School
Nov. 1 meeting to address planned closing of Freeport Department of Employment Security office
Online Staff Report
FREEPORT, Ill. — A meeting to discuss the impact of the planned closing of the Freeport Illinois Department of Employment Security (IDES) office is scheduled for 6:30 p.m., Thursday, Nov. 1, at Freeport Public Library, 100 E. Douglas St., Freeport, Ill.
The meeting will be hosted by U.S. Reps. Don Manzullo, R-Ill., and Bobby Schilling, R-Ill.; State Rep. Jim Sacia, R-Freeport; Freeport Mayor George Gaulrapp (D); and Stephenson County Board Chairman John Blum.
IDES Director Jay Rowell and his staff have been invited to participate in the event.
Contact Sacia’s office at (815) 232-0774 for more details.
Posted Oct. 31, 2012