- Academic Dr. Duke Pesta speaks against Common Core, part 2
- Rockford Record Crawl 2014 celebrates music, indie retailers
- Early voting continues after ballot error corrected
- Caruana outpacing Springer in money race for sheriff
- Week 8 NFL picks: Lions, Packers will continue to share NFC North lead
- Impacts of low oil prices
- Monica Lewinsky takes aim at online bullying
- Beware of online Halloween scams
- Rockton Lions raise funds for Talcott Free Library during Oct. 10 Candy Day
- Former Belvidere North teacher pleads guilty to sex charge
Nov. 1 meeting to address planned closing of Freeport Department of Employment Security office
Online Staff Report
FREEPORT, Ill. — A meeting to discuss the impact of the planned closing of the Freeport Illinois Department of Employment Security (IDES) office is scheduled for 6:30 p.m., Thursday, Nov. 1, at Freeport Public Library, 100 E. Douglas St., Freeport, Ill.
The meeting will be hosted by U.S. Reps. Don Manzullo, R-Ill., and Bobby Schilling, R-Ill.; State Rep. Jim Sacia, R-Freeport; Freeport Mayor George Gaulrapp (D); and Stephenson County Board Chairman John Blum.
IDES Director Jay Rowell and his staff have been invited to participate in the event.
Contact Sacia’s office at (815) 232-0774 for more details.
Posted Oct. 31, 2012