- Rockford visitor spending jumps
- The misguided Cecil the lion debate
- State, union extend contract again
- Willow Creek left in the dust by development
- CUB helps residents find best deal
- What the Scott Walker fundraising controversy means for 2016
- Corn prices fade as supplies stay in surplus
- Cubs make history in an unfortunate way
- Pension battle headed for SCOTUS?
- Closed for Progress: downtown’s steady revival
Nov. 1 meeting to address planned closing of Freeport Department of Employment Security office
Online Staff Report
FREEPORT, Ill. — A meeting to discuss the impact of the planned closing of the Freeport Illinois Department of Employment Security (IDES) office is scheduled for 6:30 p.m., Thursday, Nov. 1, at Freeport Public Library, 100 E. Douglas St., Freeport, Ill.
The meeting will be hosted by U.S. Reps. Don Manzullo, R-Ill., and Bobby Schilling, R-Ill.; State Rep. Jim Sacia, R-Freeport; Freeport Mayor George Gaulrapp (D); and Stephenson County Board Chairman John Blum.
IDES Director Jay Rowell and his staff have been invited to participate in the event.
Contact Sacia’s office at (815) 232-0774 for more details.
Posted Oct. 31, 2012