- Man sentenced to 12 years in fatal hit-and-run
- White House fence jumper charged with kicking Secret Service dogs
- Man arrested on child pornography charges
- Woman hit with liquor bottle during home invasion
- Police arrest robbery suspect
- Rockford area trick-or-treat times
- The Odds Man: Three road dogs good bets in NFL Week 8
- IceHogs nipped in third period, return home Saturday
- BGA sues Chicago Police Department over transparency
- Clean water groups highlight progress for Apple River, call for more success stories
Nov. 1 meeting to address planned closing of Freeport Department of Employment Security office
Online Staff Report
FREEPORT, Ill. — A meeting to discuss the impact of the planned closing of the Freeport Illinois Department of Employment Security (IDES) office is scheduled for 6:30 p.m., Thursday, Nov. 1, at Freeport Public Library, 100 E. Douglas St., Freeport, Ill.
The meeting will be hosted by U.S. Reps. Don Manzullo, R-Ill., and Bobby Schilling, R-Ill.; State Rep. Jim Sacia, R-Freeport; Freeport Mayor George Gaulrapp (D); and Stephenson County Board Chairman John Blum.
IDES Director Jay Rowell and his staff have been invited to participate in the event.
Contact Sacia’s office at (815) 232-0774 for more details.
Posted Oct. 31, 2012