- Pension battle headed for SCOTUS?
- Closed for Progress: downtown’s steady revival
- TRRT Online Edition | July 29-August 4
- State employees get another win in pay dispute
- Judge tosses Chicago pension deal
- AFSCME, Rauner administration still at odds
- Through the brewing class
- AFSCME: Governor trying to force work stoppage
- What’s to negotiate? Illinois GOP, Dems can’t agree on topic
- Windows users rejoice: Windows 10 fixes what ails you!
Nov. 1 meeting to address planned closing of Freeport Department of Employment Security office
Online Staff Report
FREEPORT, Ill. — A meeting to discuss the impact of the planned closing of the Freeport Illinois Department of Employment Security (IDES) office is scheduled for 6:30 p.m., Thursday, Nov. 1, at Freeport Public Library, 100 E. Douglas St., Freeport, Ill.
The meeting will be hosted by U.S. Reps. Don Manzullo, R-Ill., and Bobby Schilling, R-Ill.; State Rep. Jim Sacia, R-Freeport; Freeport Mayor George Gaulrapp (D); and Stephenson County Board Chairman John Blum.
IDES Director Jay Rowell and his staff have been invited to participate in the event.
Contact Sacia’s office at (815) 232-0774 for more details.
Posted Oct. 31, 2012