- Man sentenced to 12 years in fatal hit-and-run
- White House fence jumper charged with kicking Secret Service dogs
- Man arrested on child pornography charges
- Woman hit with liquor bottle during home invasion
- Police arrest robbery suspect
- Rockford area trick-or-treat times
- The Odds Man: Three road dogs good bets in NFL Week 8
- IceHogs nipped in third period, return home Saturday
- BGA sues Chicago Police Department over transparency
- Clean water groups highlight progress for Apple River, call for more success stories
Paranormal investigations speaker at Woodstock Opera House Nov. 4
• Theater stages Blithe Spirit Fridays-Sundays, Nov. 2-18
WOODSTOCK, Ill. — In TownSquare Players’ latest production at the Woodstock Opera House, Noël Coward’s Blithe Spirit, a British novelist comes face-to-face with his first wife seven years after she died. Sunday, Nov. 4, the public is invited to hear about “Poltergeists, Spirits and the Paranormal — Facts and Fiction” from the head of a local research group of mediums, empaths and investigators.
Retired police detective Tony Olszewski founded the McHenry County Paranormal Research Group (MCPRG) in 2006, seeking — as stated on the group’s website (http://paranormalassist.com) — to “help those who have passed and those who are still here.”
The group uses scientific equipment and investigative procedures to confirm, or debunk, the presence of paranormal activity in private residences and public locations. MCPRG does not charge for its services, and performs its investigations discreetly, maintaining confidentiality.
At the 1:30 p.m., Nov. 4, Woodstock Opera House presentation, which is free and open to the public, Olszewski will discuss some of the 176 physical investigations and remote readings/assists conducted by MCPRG. He will also display equipment used in their work.
Since the mediums sometimes are able to do remote readings by phone, the group has conducted onsite or remote investigations in five Illinois counties, two Wisconsin counties, 13 other U.S. states, Canada, England and Australia.
Olszewski will take questions after the presentation. The discussion will conclude in time for Blithe Spirit ticketholders to see the 3 p.m. matinee performance of the play.
Performances of Blithe Spirit are scheduled for Fridays and Saturdays at 8 p.m. and Sundays at 3 p.m., Nov. 2-18. To purchase tickets, call the Woodstock Opera House box office at (815) 338-5300, visit the box office or go to www.woodstockoperahouse.com. Group discounts are available.
From the Oct. 31-Nov. 6, 2012, issue